Digital Video Essentials -Hd Basics

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Chaps

I have just "calibrated " my samsung series 5 lcd making use of the DVE hd basics bluray , . I might have cocked it up but I was never asked or directed to change the white balance ( R G B gain etc ) , surely in the interest of getting the calibration to the highest level, before isf calibration you would need to change these settings???

your thoughts would be appreciated

thanks

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
dylanbehrmann:

Hi Chaps

I have just "calibrated " my samsung series 5 lcd making use of the DVE hd basics bluray , . I might have cocked it up but I was never asked or directed to change the white balance ( R G B gain etc ) , surely in the interest of getting the calibration to the highest level, before isf calibration you would need to change these settings???

thanks

The reason that you were not instructed to do this is because the white ballance can not be adjusted by eye, the 10 point IRE test paterns are on the disc but you need a sensor/PC software to adjust the RGB levels. Read my answer in THIS THREAD for more details and some very helpfull links on this subject
emotion-15.gif

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
dylanbehrmann:

Hi Chaps

thanks

Did you find it pretty boring and not very straightforward to follow?
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks !!!!!!!! will have a read thru , I live in South Africa so getting hold of the instruments is going to be difficult!!!

A

Anonymous

@ Phindi , yes it was quite confusing , and for the audio set up I couldn't figure out what reference level is

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
dylanbehrmann:Thanks !!!!!!!! will have a read thru , I live in South Africa so getting hold of the instruments is going to be difficult!!!

Eyeone sensor avalible HERE I'm sure Amazon ship to SA.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts