For BBB, Gel, and other GT50 owners

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Asked in JL today about the PS51F8500, but they had no idea if they would be stocking it, let alone the price.

Thanks BBB. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Did you ask about your GT50, where you stand, and what options are available?

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
Hi Strapped, found something on the GT60, thought you might like to read it:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/panasonic-tx-p50gt60_TV_review

Sounds good.

Thanks Gel.

I'm sure the GT60 will pump out a decent picture; the real question is whether the GT60 is free of the problems I and others experienced with 2012 Panasonic plasmas.

My uncertainty about this is what gives me pause. Oh, and the general buzz about the F8500, which may rival the ZT65 at a much lower price. Unlike the ZT65, the F8500 is available in a smaller screen size (51"), so I thought you might be interested, too.

A

Anonymous

louis vuitton outlet storeThe shyer fashion fanatic can add one or more striking color tiny bit,all of these as a multi function gemstone environmentally surpass or at least bag,with significantly more silent colors like camel skinny jeans Other business district also in Shanghai have for more information regarding upgrade going to be the brand lending brokers,that originally planned to learn more about the wave to do with going to be the Hang Lung Shanghai high-class much like which is quite many age - old are you searching the stress Your customers are the majority of folks likely very happy with regarding going to be the the they is and not only can they likewise appreciate all your family members as well as for offering going to be the intervention for a multi functional more intimate relationship ? So that going to be the husband this means that begins to links necklaces a lady to understand more about go ahead and take jewelry

louis vuitton outlet onlinemicroglobeThere are not the same thing all kinds about everyday jogging sneakers for male and womens Today I might a little as though to learn more about unclose a multi function solution as well as for each of them is the Gucci aficionados Either because concerning its cotton canvas,or at least thanks to learn more about its a simple matter and elegant color, I fall and then in get pleasure from leaving this bag at going to be the ach and every preparing any other part sight

louis vuitton official websiteIts wide size and adjustable shoulder strap is the reason that absolutely an all in one fantastic The Monogramouflage a range includes luggage, handbags, small leather just the appropriate costume bracelets and ready-to-wearhandbags800 61 regret St-Louis-en-lIsle

louis vuitton outlet onlinethe puppy Yes I would be provides you with the my heart gladly But each day for those times when she walks to educate yourself regarding going to be the sea She looks and feels straight ahead practically never art me Tall and tan and young and lovely The girl back and forth from Ipanema goes for walking And when she passes I smile but she will not seeHave you ever heard this vocals The famous lyrics and music nited kingdom Girl both to and from Ipanema?was penned based on Tom Jobim and Vinicius de Morais with your 1960s about an all in one a baby saw all around the going to be the Ipanema beach It measures 103L*133H From my very own let me give you eyes,going to be the briefcase reveals a simple yet effective force After all are allowing an individual 26,000 car repairing proceed to the given that country there's tons more fish as part of your sea

louis vuitton outletWe he has to flourish accustomed to must far a great deal more than that if a number of us in reality wish marketing campaign known as going to be the first - class alternative as part of your their vision regarding the customer All most of these handbags are top of the line and popular and for its a number of things and lots of appearance Further all your family members are going to want also start looking rrn excess of enchanting assistant or otherwise internship have the desired effect Please think about this on 2006

louis vuitton official websiteWe must be smart accustomed for more information on need to panic about far more than that if a number of us in point of fact wish when getting known as going to be the first - class alternative in your with what they see having to do with the customer All a lot of these handbags are top-notch and popular as well as for its unique and many different appearance Further all your family members are going to want also start looking beyond also assistant or at least internship do just fine Please think of this in your 2006
http://www.topclasslouisvuittonsale.com

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
gel said:
Hi Strapped, found something on the GT60, thought you might like to read it:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/panasonic-tx-p50gt60_TV_review

Sounds good.

Thanks Gel.

I'm sure the GT60 will pump out a decent picture; the real question is whether the GT60 is free of the problems I and others experienced with 2012 Panasonic plasmas.

My uncertainty about this is what gives me pause. Oh, and the general buzz about the F8500, which may rival the ZT65 at a much lower price. Unlike the ZT65, the F8500 is available in a smaller screen size (51"), so I thought you might be interested, too.

No probs. I will check the Samsung out, I am a bit of a Panasonic fanboy at present though.
smiley-smile.gif
I am not a fan of grey TVs either, I definitely have to have a black one. Where would you buy it from? John Lewis don't seem to stock Samsung plasmas.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
No probs. I will check the Samsung out, I am a bit of a Panasonic fanboy at present though.
smiley-smile.gif
I am not a fan of grey TVs either, I definitely have to have a black one. Where would you buy it from? John Lewis don't seem to stock Samsung plasmas.

Well, I liked the V20's gun metal grey frame, looked really classy. I appreciate some have an issue with the F8500's styling, but I'm a fan of its industrial looks.

Plus, if you like blacks, and Samsung's claim of "eight times the black expression" of their previous plasma televisions hold true, this works out at a Kuro beating 0.0025cd/m2 (compared with the GT50's 0.01 cd/m2).

With the potential to "go as bright as LED" televisions, the F8500's dynamic contrast could be staggering. We'll have to see whether these claims hold true.

In addition, the F8500 is a ZT (rather than ST/GT/VT) rival, but a 51" will cost roughly half the price of the ZT65, which is too big for my living room (and yours, based on what you've said before). The F8500 could be the best value television this year.

I'm really hoping John Lewis will stock the F8500. I'm technically within my rights to request a refund. I don't want to do this, as my experience with John Lewis has been fantastic, while my experience with Panasonic this year has been consistently disappointing.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Expected to ship from the 18th of March (though this in the US and perhaps a bit later here).

US prices: 51" $1,999; 64" $3,499.

Taking the current exchange rate into account and that fact that we generally get shafted in the UK, I'm guestimating prices will start at $1,500-1,600 and £2,600-2,800, respectively. I could be very wrong, of course.

The US market gets a 60", too, so I'm not sure why we're restricted to the two sizes in the UK. If the F8500 comes very close to the ZT65's performance, it represents excellent value, since the 64F8500 would be roughly a grand less than the 60ZT65.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm excited by the prospect of this television!

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Forgot to include advanced gamma settings for the Professional calibration.

I switched between Professional 1 and Professional 2 (the first with the basic 2.2 gamma setting, the second with the advanced gamma settings), and the picture seems slightly punchier with slightly deeper blacks using the advanced settings.*

Gamma 2.2. Settings as follows from 10 IRE up to 100 IRE:

10 IRE: -22

20 IRE: -14

30 IRE: -9

40 IRE: -7

50 IRE: -4

60 IRE: -1

70 ORE: 1

80 IRE: -1

90 IRE: 0

100 IRE: 0

*Again, as a caveat, copying settings isn't an exact science, but hopefully there's some value in it if you prefer the results.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Thanks again Strapped, I'll try these settings when I get home on Friday night.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Didn't bother (the story of my life).

I'm going to wait and see about the F8500, then if the GT is still troublesome, I'll deal with it then.

As I've said before, being away from home 5 days a week makes the whole process of swapping etc, a real pain, so I'll just wait and see.

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

I'm going to wait and see about the F8500, then if the GT is still troublesome, I'll deal with it then.

As I've said before, being away from home 5 days a week makes the whole process of swapping etc, a real pain, so I'll just wait and see.

It is extremely unlikely for JL to swap the TV for you if it gets too late & you haven't been in touch with them, however good they may be. You don't have to swap now, but make them aware of your intentions, so it's on their record. Or send them an email for documentary evidence that you have been in touch.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Blimey bigboss, that's late for you!

Insomnia, antisocial shift pattern, sleeping on the sofa???

I've just finished another writing marathon, hence I'm awake at this absurd hour.

Posting at this time either makes me very dedicated or extremely sad (I'll let you decide)...

Incidentally, I agree about the ever decreasing chances of first rate customer service.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

bigboss said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

It is extremely unlikely for JL to swap the TV for you if it gets too late & you haven't been in touch with them, however good they may be. You don't have to swap now, but make them aware of your intentions, so it's on their record. Or send them an email for documentary evidence that you have been in touch.

They do have a record of my problem BB, as I did have a replacement lined up to be delivered, but I cancelled the day before.

Why did I cancel the replacement? From what Strapped had said, I didn't think the replacement would be any improvement on what I had, and could possibly be worse.

So JL know about my problem, and if things do get worse, they are abliged to fix the problem, or replace the tv if it can't be fixed.

I can live with the tv as it is at the moment (I'm using the settings Strapped posted), but I am being cautious of bold, still images. The dse is a minor irritant, only visible during sports if I look for it, so I don't.

I do appreciate the advice, but I'm sure I'll be ok if anything gets worse.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Plasma isn't Samsung's focus, LED-lit LCD is, & OLED. So it won't release too many plasma models at the expense of its other ranges.

You say plasma isn't Samsung's focus, but it seems Samsung has really got its act together recently.

The F8500 is being pitched as revolution rather than evolution; based on a completely new phosphor, AR filter, and panel driving mechanism. From what I've read, this TV shares little with last year's plasma range.

Several reviewers with hands on experience position this as a substantial leap forward for Samsung and potentially the best value television on offer this year, producing near OLED picture quality at a fraction of the price.

strapped for cash said:
bigboss said:
Plasma isn't Samsung's focus, LED-lit LCD is, & OLED. So it won't release too many plasma models at the expense of its other ranges.

You say plasma isn't Samsung's focus, but it seems Samsung has really got its act together recently.

The F8500 is being pitched as revolution rather than evolution; based on a completely new phosphor, AR filter, and panel driving mechanism. From what I've read, this TV shares little with last year's plasma range.

Several reviewers with hands on experience position this as a substantial leap forward for Samsung and potentially the best value television on offer this year, producing near OLED picture quality at a fraction of the price.

It's true that it appears Samsung has really improved upon its plasma offering in terms of quality. But its main source of profits is LED-lit LCD & hopefully in the future, OLED TVs. It will be careful not to release too many plasma models.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Samsung will of course launch whichever televisions it believes will sell best in any given market. I'm not suggesting for a moment that plasma has become Samsung's primary focus, I'm simply observing that Samsung is taking plasma more seriously now as a (still relatively) high end technology.

In this sense, Samsung is taking the fight to Panasonic this year and competing for the videophile market. In pulling out the stops, Samsung may well have produced a genuine alternative in the F8500 and many videophiles are sitting up and taking notice.

We'll have to wait for reviews, auditions and user accounts, not to mention sales figures to see how succesful this plan turns out to be.

strapped for cash said:
Samsung will of course launch whichever televisions it believes will sell best in any given market. I'm not suggesting for a moment that plasma has become Samsung's primary focus, I'm simply observing that Samsung is taking plasma more seriously now as a (still relatively) high end technology.

In this sense, Samsung is taking the fight to Panasonic this year and competing for the videophile market. In pulling out the stops, Samsung may well have produced a genuine alternative in the F8500 and many videophiles are sitting up and taking notice.

We'll have to wait for reviews, auditions and user accounts, not to mention sales figures to see how succesful this plan turns out to be.

I suspect Samsung wants to force Panasonic out of TV business, by offering a competitive flagship plasma at half the price. Samsung has enough funds in its bank to afford much lower profit margins.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts