Digital terrestrial HDTV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been looking at full 1080p TV's available online from the USA and also CHINA and there seem to be alot with HDTV tuners built into them that can receive signals over the air rather than satalitte, does anyone know if they will work in this Country when High Def TV is broadcast this way, also they seem very cheap from China is there a reason why there about at least twice this price here. eg Samsung LN-S4096D available on line at www.51elec-shop.com for only €400. and many other Chinnese sites which look quite reputable many accepting payment by Paypal which would be insured against none delivery or damage. Why pay the high prices in this Country which many people are prepared to do. Has anyone purchased this way, and what was your experience, any comments welcome good or bad. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Don't forget to add import duty, VAT and shipping/insurance costs to those prices. Also check compatibility with UK broadcasting signals and power supply requirements amongst other things. For me personally I wouldn't trust delivery of a TV from half way around the world in a cardboard box.

Higher prices in the UK is something we have to put up with, to most worldwide manufacturers we are lovingly known as "Treasure Island". I import goods from Taiwan on a regular basis for business and I regularly find that something manufactured in the UK/Europe can be bought from Taiwan at a cheaper price even after I include the UK import taxes etc.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, that usful to know as I doubt there HDTV tuners probably wouldn't work over here anyway.

TRENDING THREADS