Digital photos wireless to TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

I need a simple, userfriendly way to watch digital photos on my TV.

The photos are stored on a NAS. The NAS is connected to a wireless network.

I was thinking of a small remote controlled stand-alone unit that just works as an interface to the NAS with either cabeled or wireless access to the network and output to the TV.

I guess that something like this exists (maybe with other functions that I do not need) - but I do not recall having seen this. Price is not a key issue but lets say max 500£ - even though I would expect that this could be fixed far below that budget :)

Other info (may or may not be relevant):
  • I use a SONOS set-up for music stored on the NAS/wireless network.
  • I have a SONOS passive unit next to the TV/AV receiver (the unit has 2 ethernet connections that cna be used to connect other cabeled equipment to the wireless netowrk).
  • Next to TV we also have a Nintendo Wii connected to the wireless network

Northutsire

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
The Archos 605 with the optional DVR station may do the job. Whilst it's primarily a video and music player it can play photo slideshows, has WiFi and can stream from PCs too. A 40Gb version with the DVR station can be had for about £250 from http://www.pixmania.co.uk . I think there's a review in the latest What HiFi.

A

Anonymous

Why would you spend £250 on this when you can get a play station 3 which does

1) Photo streaming

2) Blu ray disc playing

3) Music streaming

4) Video streaming

5) Internet browsing

6) Oh and not forgetting it even plays games :)

Northutsire

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
'Cos Columbus wrote: "I was thinking of a small remote controlled stand-alone unit that just
works as an interface to the NAS with either cabeled or wireless access
to the network and output to the TV."

...and for all its merits the PS3 ain't as small (or cheap) as the Archos :)

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I'd go for the PS3 as well. Not small or cheap but a lot of functionality for the size/money (eg PVR peripheral coming?).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts