Digital coaxial and jack to phono cable

tansriloi

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Hello readers,

l am in the market to upgrade my current cables.

My first set up comprise of Rotel ra 12 amp, nad c542 cd, dynaudio x12 and monitor audio rs6. Currently using belkin silver series coaxial.

I have short listed the chord co Prodac, qed performance coaxial and audioquest cinnamon.

my next set up is a Bose sound dock to a nad cd. Looking at a monster cable i1000, qed performance j2p or audioquest evergreen or golden gate.

hope to get some suggestion/ opinion as it is hard to decide. Thanks.

A

Anderson

What is the purpose of the "upgrade", are you expecting a different sound if you spend more on cable or are you looking for a cable that looks bling?

If you want an improved sound you can save your money and buy some music. If you're after a bling cable then buy whatever you like the look of most.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
the question in the correct section of the forum rather than clogging up the HiFi one and he would have got away with it, if it wasn't for you pesky kids.

*biggrin*

tansriloi

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
I am looking for a cable that gives me more detail, clarity and wider sound stage. Shielding is important as well. Belkin cable that I am using is fine but sound wise is just not up to standard. There is no wow factor. I tried an optical cable and it sounds better at the top end but suffers in midrange and low frequency.

My dock to CD player cable is a cheap freebee with no shielding against emi/rfi.

A

Anderson

Oh.

You're not going to get a cable that gives more air, soundstage or sparkle. That's not how it works unfortunately.

For the coaxial cable you don't need to spend more than £10 to get a quality cable, its digital and therefore cannot sound different than whatever you have already. I Googled the monster cable, at £10 I don't see any reason why you shouldn't buy that if you wish. It won't sound any different (again) but it's not silly money.

MykhailM

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I personally use Malbru Silver CX coaxial "exotic" cable and couldn't be happier, an absolute winner in my tests against some well known brands in silver to end class. Auditioning several pares is a good way to chose the one you need for your audio gear. Good cables cost money as anything else. Select 3 to 4 coaxial cables from your local audio dealer or an internet shop and audition than you will know for yourself having a first hand experience.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
You forgot to mention that your cables need to be "run in" for at least 30 days didn't you?

Reptilian Lubrication comes to mind

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MykhailM said:
I personally use Malbru Silver CX coaxial "exotic" cable and couldn't be happier, an absolute winner in my tests against some well known brands in silver to end class.

Spamming for his own merchandise ...

clicky

(Unless that amazon trader being called 'MykhailoM' is just an amazing coincidence.)

MykhailM

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I personally use Syrus T transport to a Tube DAC Malbru silver CX cable, I have compared ti to QED Signature which was thinner in bass and soundstage. Now it is in a different price range but I highly recommend to look at a bit higher prices coaxial cables and audition several if you can on your own system that you can select the one you will be happy with. If you can afford go for a best one. Those who think that digital coaxial sound similar they should audition the cables themselves for a good surprise. Always try it for yourself and please come back to share your experience for others.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts