Difference in analog and digital sound

reido200

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys

Have a quick question maybe you can help me out. I have a marantz mcr510 and want to connect it to a tv. The TV that I am thinking about buying doesn't have a digital optical output, just an AV.

I was wondering if i connect via the analog ports will there be much difference in sound quality as opposed to digital? Or would I be better off buying a tv with a digital connection?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm presuming that your Marantz MCR510 is an AV Receiver. I have two Pioneer plasma televisions, which each have both a stereo analogue output and a digital optical output. I've compared the sound of the two outputs. There was no difference. The point is, if a television has a stereo analogue output then it can output only two sound channels, and those two channels will be reproduced as the front left and front right channels of the potentially 5.1 digital output.

By the way, which television are you thinking of buying that doesn't have a digital optical output? Oh, I might be misunderstanding you, what do you mean when you say that your intended TV has an AV output. Do you mean a Scart output, or composite video and right / left stereo audio, what? I haven't noticed a television that didn't have a digital optical output for two years, but that doesn't mean that there aren't any I suppose ....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts