Desktop Speaker replacements

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
My trusty old Altec Lansing desktop speakers have speaked their last, and I'm looking for a suitable replacement. They came bundled with a Tiny desktop that I got nearly 20 years ago, so I can't really complain. They obviously were not the last word in Hi Fi sound, but along with the included subwoofer produced a suprisingly acceptable sound. However, I seem to be doing most of my music listening these days when working on my computer so I would like a decent replacement. Budget is around £100 -£125. The Wharfedale DS1, as recommended by this site would have been ideal, but nobody seems to have them any more (except for a couple of online shops I've never really heard of before). Any suggestions would be welcome.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
tvmog said:
My trusty old Altec Lansing desktop speakers have speaked their last, and I'm looking for a suitable replacement. They came bundled with a Tiny desktop that I got nearly 20 years ago, so I can't really complain. They obviously were not the last word in Hi Fi sound, but along with the included subwoofer produced a suprisingly acceptable sound. However, I seem to be doing most of my music listening these days when working on my computer so I would like a decent replacement. Budget is around £100 -£125. The Wharfedale DS1, as recommended by this site would have been ideal, but nobody seems to have them any more (except for a couple of online shops I've never really heard of before). Any suggestions would be welcome.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acoustic-energy-aego-m-2.1-speaker-system-black-sp-000-ae.html?gclid=CPzCx8n7zMwCFRVmGwodMgkE0Q

I've got some, hard to beat for the money.

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
They certainly warrant further investigation. The sub is a bit bigger than the one I've currently got and it might prove difficult finding somewhere to put it in the office, however they look like good value. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS