Desktop Speaker replacements

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
My trusty old Altec Lansing desktop speakers have speaked their last, and I'm looking for a suitable replacement. They came bundled with a Tiny desktop that I got nearly 20 years ago, so I can't really complain. They obviously were not the last word in Hi Fi sound, but along with the included subwoofer produced a suprisingly acceptable sound. However, I seem to be doing most of my music listening these days when working on my computer so I would like a decent replacement. Budget is around £100 -£125. The Wharfedale DS1, as recommended by this site would have been ideal, but nobody seems to have them any more (except for a couple of online shops I've never really heard of before). Any suggestions would be welcome.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
tvmog said:
My trusty old Altec Lansing desktop speakers have speaked their last, and I'm looking for a suitable replacement. They came bundled with a Tiny desktop that I got nearly 20 years ago, so I can't really complain. They obviously were not the last word in Hi Fi sound, but along with the included subwoofer produced a suprisingly acceptable sound. However, I seem to be doing most of my music listening these days when working on my computer so I would like a decent replacement. Budget is around £100 -£125. The Wharfedale DS1, as recommended by this site would have been ideal, but nobody seems to have them any more (except for a couple of online shops I've never really heard of before). Any suggestions would be welcome.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acoustic-energy-aego-m-2.1-speaker-system-black-sp-000-ae.html?gclid=CPzCx8n7zMwCFRVmGwodMgkE0Q

I've got some, hard to beat for the money.

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
They certainly warrant further investigation. The sub is a bit bigger than the one I've currently got and it might prove difficult finding somewhere to put it in the office, however they look like good value. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts