Denon AVR-3311 ... Which Fronts?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi I havent used this foum much but I would really appreciate your advice!!

I have a Denon AVR-3311 receiver and am looking to buy some front speakers and will later add a centre and sub in 6 months or a year or so..
They are for movies and music about 50/50. Room is about 11ft by 27ft with the tv on the 27ft wall

My budget is a maximum of £900 on the fronts, so far I have listened to the Monitor Audio RX6's (not impressed, very bright in my opinion with the 3311)
Ive also listened to the B&W 684's which I found much more balanced and warmer, possible slightly less precise but much softer, I did like them
Ive also heard some KEF Q500's but they were brand new and not at all run in, so obviously the high end didnt sound great. The trouble is its very difficult to know how to compare them to the B&W's in this state, ive arranged to go and have another listen when the shop has run them in more.
However I have the oppotunity to get some Ex-Demo Canton Vento 870's for £899 which usually RRP for £2499. The finish on the speakers is obviously a far higher quality and i was very impressed with the sound compared to everything ive listened to. The main issue is that I wont be able to get the rest of the 5.1 set up at this price, the centre is affordable at £680, but the subwoofer is £2000. I could not timbre match the subwoofer and go for a B&W ASW610 or something however.
Im also interested in demoing the Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6T's

My question is:
Should I bother to continue demoing the Tannoys, KEF's and B&W's or should I just snatch up the offer on the Canton's and later get the centre and a non timbre matched sub? Im just worried that its been a while since I auditioned the B&W's and cant remember if they sounded as good as the Canton's and havent even demo'd the Tannoys yet... But im going on holiday for 3 weeks in 5 days and dont wont to get back and they be gone!!!
Is £899 a good deal?

Sorry my post is a bit muddles, hope you understand my issue

Thanks in advance for any advice

Chris

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
I tried the Tannoy Rev DC4T and didn't get on with them at all. The centre is a cracker though. I ended up with Focal Chorus 816's.

A

Anonymous

The 816's are slightly out of my budget, have you heard the Canton's?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts