Denon 3313 or Marantz 7007 blueray player

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ArwenU

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
gel said:
ArwenU said:
Is it a clear difference beteen Marantz UD7007 and Marantz UD5007 picture like or sound?

Highly unlikely.

Hi gel,

I have a pretty new smart TV and old surround system. I am happy with both. The surround system is very nice sound wise. I have a DVD player as well.
I watch mainly movies and TV serials/shows which I download from different torrents.
I am using a memory stick which I plug in my TV and use the digital out from TV to my surround system which it dose not have HDMI or DTS processor. The surround system consists of a 5.1 preamplfier and an 5.1 amplifier. The preamplifier has only a Dolby processor. It has not a 5.1 input.
I plan to buy a 3D blu-ray player. NOT an entry level player. Something higher with USB input for the memory stick. I plan to connect the blu-ray player through HDMI to my TV and from TV through optical digital out to my pre-amp or through some digital output from blu-ray to my preamp.
The idea with the blu-ray player is NOT for playing bul-ray disks but using its better processor for playing movies from USB stick. I doubt that I will play to many blu-ray disks but I will play plenty of movies from the internet. It is what I do now.
I hope I gave you an exact idea of the situation.
Questions:
1. Is it a good idea? Is it going to work?
2. I will be using the Blu-ray processor capabilities or the signal will pass unchanged to my TV and/or to my preamp?
3. Will the player decode the DTS and pass it to to TV or preamp or it will be no gain there?
4. What will happen to the movies ON THE STICK? It is the player going to decode them or pass unchanged to the TV processor?

I found a very good deal on a 5007. It is very tempting. What do you think, it is worth doing it?

Perhaps you can help me. I was browsing the internet I did a lot of readings but I still have no answer. I would really appreciate any help.

Thank you

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts