denon 2500BT bluray disc playback issues

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Purchased this player yesterday,but haven't had a chance to play with it yet as away for Xmas season.

However had time to do a quick search on the internet for any issues other purchasers have/had with it and was very disconcerted to find out that owners have issues playing certain bd's .From what I gathered there seems to be a problem with the Hulk,Wanted and some other discs."

Whats even more appalling is that persistant efforts by said owners to contact Denon are not even acknowledged let alone solved.Apparently there is an update available and have been appleed.but the problem remains.

I am now left wondering If I made a bad decision purchasing this item.You don't mind there being a problem but if the manufacturers make an effort to quickly solve the problem,then I can live with that.Prior to this I never realised that Denon has such a poor image for product and customer support.

Perhaps WHSV should get involved to shame them into doing something about this disgusting lack of customer support.

A

Anonymous

The appauling feedback on Denon aftersales was the final nail in the coffin re the 2500bt for me. Coupled with a disclaimer on their site regarding firmware updates. I could well see myself with very expensive door stop (that thing could stop any door mind you) at some point or other. Damn shame as it is lovely to hear and see.

There are other members on here though who have not had a problem with thiers at all.

Lucky luck luck luck

ps: dont worry about it untill you have played with it though mate as it may well be tip top and have no problems at all!! Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

Thanks will let you know how I get on.

However ,in the meantime.how about WHSV re -evaluating the 2500bt and giving it 3 stars? That will get Denon all flustered. For £900 worth equipment there shouln't be any issues or at least ways of rectifying them qickly and efficiently

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We have very recently mentioned the issues to Denon, and will be changing our review to reflect that some (but by no means all) people have had loading issues with certain, BD-Live-heavy discs. We found a firmware update to our review model was a big help - these are available on disc from any Denon dealer.

Still the best looking/sounding BD player out there, though - well, apart from one we've tested for our forthcoming issue...

Messiah

Is it the Bush....
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Of the top end players, it's not JUST the Denon it seems. Marantz's BD8002 seems to be having a bug bumpy ride also, funnily with all the same discs that you mention, which is a shame as it was right at the top of my list...

There does seem to be some blame being put on the discs themselves - I've read reports of people exchanging discs which then play totally fine....

It would be interesting to know which is the more consistent player from the Denon 2500BT, Marantz BD8002, Pioneer's BDP-LX91 and indeed, the better Denon BT3800 .....In fact, I'd be interested in a shoot out review !
emotion-2.gif

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
saturday:
Purchased this player yesterday,but haven't had a chance to play with it yet as away for Xmas season.

However had time to do a quick search on the internet for any issues other purchasers have/had with it and was very disconcerted to find out that owners have issues playing certain bd's .From what I gathered there seems to be a problem with the Hulk,Wanted and some other discs."

Whats even more appalling is that persistant efforts by said owners to contact Denon are not even acknowledged let alone solved.Apparently there is an update available and have been appleed.but the problem remains.

I am now left wondering If I made a bad decision purchasing this item.You don't mind there being a problem but if the manufacturers make an effort to quickly solve the problem,then I can live with that.Prior to this I never realised that Denon has such a poor image for product and customer support.

Perhaps WHSV should get involved to shame them into doing something about this disgusting lack of customer support.

I am a VERY proud owner of the Denon 2500bt transport & ive had no problems with it at all, its been working beautifully, ive had it for around 4mths now & ive watched the likes of THE HULK etc & had no problems ! dont take to much notice of all the bad reviews of this player just give it a go yourself & see how you get on with it?

A

Anonymous

I have to be blunt, I think the situation is an absolute joke! I have the Denon, and got the Hulk and Wanted for Xmas, I settled down last night for a filmfest and spent more time unplugging and re-starting the ruddy player than I did trying to watch the two films.

Frustrated, I went on the forums to see if I was missing something, and have now since discovered all of these comments so I know im not alone (and its not the discs!) I have the latest firmware too BTW!!

My Denon is being returned today and I am buying another Pioneer to replace it, in my opinion, whilst the denon may have marginally better picture quality etc, this is only when it works. Trust me, the Pioneer 71 I have already displays a superb picture and actually works!! There is only so long I will marvel at the crashed and "wont do anything image" on the Denon before I want to throw it out of the window!

Shame on Denon, currently the most esoteric player on the market and it doesnt work, to top it off they seem dissinterested in doing anything about it. I for one have completely changed my mind about buying the new 3800, I dont care how good the picture looks, the hassle of all the crashes far outweighs any peformance benefits!

Rant over!!!

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
m330kd:I have to be blunt, I think the situation is an absolute joke! I have the Denon, and got the Hulk and Wanted for Xmas, I settled down last night for a filmfest and spent more time unplugging and re-starting the ruddy player than I did trying to watch the two films.

Frustrated, I went on the forums to see if I was missing something, and have now since discovered all of these comments so I know im not alone (and its not the discs!) I have the latest firmware too BTW!!

My Denon is being returned today and I am buying another Pioneer to replace it, in my opinion, whilst the denon may have marginally better picture quality etc, this is only when it works. Trust me, the Pioneer 71 I have already displays a superb picture and actually works!! There is only so long I will marvel at the crashed and "wont do anything image" on the Denon before I want to throw it out of the window!

Shame on Denon, currently the most esoteric player on the market and it doesnt work, to top it off they seem dissinterested in doing anything about it. I for one have completely changed my mind about buying the new 3800, I dont care how good the picture looks, the hassle of all the crashes far outweighs any peformance benefits!

Rant over!!!Sorry to hear your troubles with the denon but i cant share your review about it as ive had no problem with mine, maybe the denon doesnt like you like the pioneers didnt me? the trouble u say youve had with the denon is the same troubles i had with the pioneer lx70a (now that was a piece of junk) ! Go bk to a pioneer then, as i would never go bk to one of them i had to do a bloody firmware for just about every new release that i watched, it used to freeze or completely switch off sometimes it wouldnt even eject the damn discs. pile of junk!! i think i have a unique denon as its certainly working for me!!

A

Anonymous

Have just had a "play" with the Denon.Sure enough its a pile of junk!! froze on "wanted and and "the Hulk." applied the firmware update still the same probs.Will be bringing it back to dealer on Monday for refund.

Only alternative seems to be the Pioneer lx71.Would appreciate any feedback regarding playback issues .If any with this model.

Have to agree with other unfortunate Denon owners: Its beautifully built.The sound is fantastic and the picture sublime.BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY ITS JOB IS TO PLAY BD'S.WHICH IT OBVIOUSLY CAN'T DO ON A CONSISTENTLY.

A

Anonymous

Its a real shame as i was well prepared to part with a large chunk of my hard earned for this player. Sorry you have had the same experiece, i was hoping for your sakes that the player i tried was a faulty one off. Im quite excited about the next generation of machines though and i hope to get one that performs as well as the denon for half the price that works properly! Is it bad to wish my life away?!?

A

Anonymous

I am from Australia, and based on What Hi Fi's reviews, I decided to try and purchase a Denon DVD2500BT but it is not available here in Australia, although rumours are that it will appear in February 2009.

Anyhow, I decided to take the plunge and purchase a Pioneer BDP-LX71 Blu-ray Disc Player. I did a firmware update (to 1.17, although a newer version 1.21 is out now) the day after I purchased it.

I have had the 'LX71 jam twice on the same SD DVD (my Monster Music DVD of Three Doors Down) while in the main menu. I have played this DVD many times since, and this problem has not re-appeared.

Disc load-up times (even though the recent firmware updates are supposed to have sped up disc load-up times) are appalling, especially compared to my previous Panasonic DMP-BD30 - a much cheaper Blu-ray Disc Player and Sony Playstation 3 (although I am aware that the PS3 has extremely powerful processing, erm, power).

However, picture and sound quality are certainly a large step-up from the already good Panasonic DMP-BD30. I must concur with What Hi Fi's comment that the 'LX71 is not the smoothest operator. While interacting with my Marantz AV8003 Surround Processor/Pre-Amplifier, quite often, while I am changing to different chapters/tracks of Blu-ray discs or SD DVD's, the transition causes crackling sounds and just seems to skip chapters in a not very smooth way at all.

All in all, I would still say that as a Blu-ray Disc Player, this is a good one, but no doubt I would be waiting until a properly-sorted out high-end reliable and smooth (and preferably nice-looking. Hee hee) Blu-ray Disc Player to purchase in the future - and hopefully keep for years to come.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts