Denon 2012 vs Denon 2500BT (in terms of PQ)

jase fox

Well-known member
Apr 24, 2008
212
0
18,790
Does anybody know how much better the Picture Quality is on the 2012 compared to the 2500BT?

I know the 2012 is a much more well equiped player etc etc i just want to know if it's worth trading in the 2500BT for the 2012 for 2D PQ??

Thanks
 

michael hoy

Well-known member
Oct 6, 2008
771
269
19,270
jase fox said:
Does anybody know how much better the Picture Quality is on the 2012 compared to the 2500BT?

I know the 2012 is a much more well equiped player etc etc i just want to know if it's worth trading in the 2500BT for the 2012 for 2D PQ??

Thanks

Hi Jase,

Don't do it
smiley-wink.gif


I had the Denon 2012 on test before I purchase a OPPO 95 (still have the 2500) and I thought the 2500 had the edge over the 2012.

The picture clarity on the 2500 is still one of the best out there.

It is hard to find anything to beat the 2500 even now.

All the best

Mike
 

007L2Thrill

New member
Feb 9, 2010
2
0
0
Yes, I agree as well with Mike, the only player that I found to beat my 2500BT was its bigger brother 3800BD so I brought that and sold my 2500BT player.

The 3800BD as a sharper picture and loads of picture settings (if you need them) and a very good CD player to boot, so more than happy with it.

Mike.:)
 

jase fox

Well-known member
Apr 24, 2008
212
0
18,790
michael hoy said:
jase fox said:
Does anybody know how much better the Picture Quality is on the 2012 compared to the 2500BT?

I know the 2012 is a much more well equiped player etc etc i just want to know if it's worth trading in the 2500BT for the 2012 for 2D PQ??

Thanks

Hi Jase,

Don't do it
smiley-wink.gif


I had the Denon 2012 on test before I purchase a OPPO 95 (still have the 2500) and I thought the 2500 had the edge over the 2012.

The picture clarity on the 2500 is still one of the best out there.

It is hard to find anything to beat the 2500 even now.

All the best

Mike
Hi Mike Hoy,

I wont be doing it mate

It was just the other night me and my mate where watching the Pirates movies on bluray and we where just saying how fantastic the PQ was etc

Then just got talking about players (as you do) wandering how much better the 2012 or any other player would be.

As i couldn't see how much better it could get tbh

I do find the 2500BT very difficult to part with, So I'm NOT!! ha

Can i ask Mike, why did you get an Oppo? And what's the PQ like on that? And are you using it as your "main" player now then?

Cheers
 

jase fox

Well-known member
Apr 24, 2008
212
0
18,790
007L2Thrill said:
Yes, I agree as well with Mike, the only player that I found to beat my 2500BT was its bigger brother 3800BD so I brought that and sold my 2500BT player.

The 3800BD as a sharper picture and loads of picture settings (if you need them) and a very good CD player to boot, so more than happy with it.

Mike.:)
+ 1
smiley-wink.gif
 

michael hoy

Well-known member
Oct 6, 2008
771
269
19,270
jase fox said:
Can i ask Mike, why did you get an Oppo? And what's the PQ like on that? And are you using it as your "main" player now then?

Jase,

It is currently my main player but only because I do not have room in my cabinet for both, you know the size of the 2500.

I had been looking at the OPPO for a while and my wife bought this for me for my birthday / christmas present.

I wanted to play SACD discs and stream some high res audio files which my Sonos cannot handle.

The picture quality is very good, still running in
smiley-sealed.gif
when I move the TV etc, the equipment will go in a rack and I will then run both players.
 

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts