admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I was looking to buy a Denon 1940 DVD player. Superfi have it at £129.95, and it seems like a good buy to me. The only thing that concerns me is that after reading a bit about it, there seems to but a bit about macroblocking, and lip-sync issues with these players and this has halted my purchase somewhat.

I will be using it with a Panasonic 42PX60 Plasma, and the sound can go either via HDMI into the TV then out into my amp, or into the amp directly via phono. Sound quality isn't my main concern, but obvsiouly I'd like it to be in sync!

So, am I likely to experience any problems if I used this DVD player with my TV? Any advice appreciated. Ta.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
alwatson:
Hi, I was looking to buy a Denon 1940 DVD player. Superfi have it at £129.95, and it seems like a good buy to me. The only thing that concerns me is that after reading a bit about it, there seems to but a bit about macroblocking, and lip-sync issues with these players and this has halted my purchase somewhat.

I will be using it with a Panasonic 42PX60 Plasma, and the sound can go either via HDMI into the TV then out into my amp, or into the amp directly via phono. Sound quality isn't my main concern, but obvsiouly I'd like it to be in sync!

So, am I likely to experience any problems if I used this DVD player with my TV? Any advice appreciated. Ta.

I'm actually selling mine on ebay at the moment (4 hours left). I didn't have any lip synch problems. Most receivers allow you to alter the audio delay in m/s. It's a seriously good player - you cannot fault the picture - I changed mine for a better cd playing machine from Arcam - the picture isn't quite as good though.

A

Anonymous

I have a DENON DVD 1940-I connect it via HDMI to my TV and then from the TV's Audio Left & Right outputs I use RCA Phono's into my Stereo Amp-Result = No Lip Sync problems

Similarly if you just connect via HDMI to your TV and rely on the TV's sound then again you should not get Lip Sync

If you intend to use the DENON via HDMI into your TV but then run RCA phonos directly from the DENON it into a Stereo AMP you are likely to experience Lip Syn which is what happend to me

If you connect through an AV Receiver with built in Audio Delay you should'nt get any Lip Sync problems

What I would suggest you do is if and when you do decide to buy the DENON tell the shop assistant or better still speak to the Manager and get him to write on your receipt that you will be able to return the machine if you experience any Lip Sync problems with it also explaining to him exactly how you intend to connect it up which of course then gives him the option of advising you too

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:alwatson:

I'm actually selling mine on ebay at the moment (4 hours left). I didn't have any lip synch problems. Most receivers allow you to alter the audio delay in m/s. It's a seriously good player - you cannot fault the picture - I changed mine for a better cd playing machine from Arcam - the picture isn't quite as good though.

I probably had it in my watch list then! They never seem to go for much less than the £130 Superfi are offering it for though so I thought I might as well just go for that one.

The sound should be alright then, should I not worry about Macroblocking? I'm not even that sure what it is but I don't like the sound of it. I think the Superfi deal ends on Monday so I'll probably be buying tomorrow (or not).

Thanks for your help gentlemen.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
alwatson:Gerrardasnails:alwatson:

I probably had it in my watch list then! They never seem to go for much less than the £130 Superfi are offering it for though so I thought I might as well just go for that one.

The sound should be alright then, should I not worry about Macroblocking? I'm not even that sure what it is but I don't like the sound of it. I think the Superfi deal ends on Monday so I'll probably be buying tomorrow (or not).

Thanks for your help gentlemen.

Don't worry about the picture - it is excellent.

A

Anonymous

Well I've gone for the Denon. I'm sure it'll look great. I've ordered a not quite bog standard but not expensive HDMI cable and will try and borrow a range of HDMI cables from work so I can do a proper test on HDMI cables and make my own mind up about about how much I need to spend in the future.

Thanks for your help!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts