December 2017 issue

Delighted to get my copy through the letterbox today and see it emblazoned with High End Special Issue!

Some good content and great to see this reflecting the core title rather than being swamped with DVD players, sound bars and headphones. Super photography too.

D

Deleted member 2457

Did the awards issue just go to subscribers this year?

jjbomber

gel said:
Did the awards issue just go to subscribers this year?

No, that is out next month. The December edition has just come out in October, then the Awards edition comes out in November, followed by the January edition in December. Easy *scratch_one-s_head*

Anyway, a quick explanation. The mag comes out every 4 weeks, so there are 13 editions in a year. Jan-Dec is 12 of them, leaving a gap that must be filled. Hence the awards edition. It is one of the better selling editions, so it comes out just before Christmas to help Santa.

D

Deleted member 2457

Yep, it’s confused me a bit, think I got it now though.
regular_smile.png

Joe Cox

Content Director, What Hi-Fi?
Staff member
May 31, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for feedback. More welcome.

For non-subscribers you can get a copy of Long Live Vinyl magazine (RRP £6.99) bundled with What Hi-Fi? for £5.99 (£1 more) in Waitrose, Sainsbury's and Tesco. It's in a bag so you can't miss it.

More info

Joe Cox said:

For non-subscribers you can get a copy of Long Live Vinyl magazine (RRP £6.99) bundled with What Hi-Fi? for £5.99 (£1 more) in Waitrose, Sainsbury's and Tesco. It's in a bag so you can't miss it.

More info
That explains why we got a flyer for a free copy with ours. I wondered about calling the number, but rather thought I’d need to hand over direct debit details and then cancel if not interested . But maybe it is a one off offer?

Who'd have put money on a title like that five years ago?!

D

Deleted member 2457

Joe Cox said:

More info
Bought it in Waitrose this morning but it’s not really my cup of tea kind of stuff! Couldnt resist not knowing what was in it though! Even though the front page gave it away a bit.

Jonnyhifi

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
nopiano said:
It is confusing, as previously the Awards were announced in the magazine but this time it was all online. Except the readers and lifetime achievement awards and a few others - we don’t know those yet!

Well my Awards issue has not arrived yet (are there supply issues?) and it is increasingly difficult to avoid finding out the winners before reading about it in my subscribed copy. Who does one contact to chase? Thanks for any advice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts