davidf@LAC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
The reason for not posting is two-fold: Firstly, I've been incredibly busy with work. Second, this place has become boring, for reasons mentioned in other threads.

@Chebby: According to my 'Last Seen' I was away for 2 weeks and 6 days.

No, I haven't used any other hi-fi forums. No reason to. I know what my kit needs when I find the right TT.

In short, there's no incentive to keep visiting this forum, knowing I'll be repeating myself like a poxy stuck record.

D

Deleted member 2457

Still no David. Perhaps it's a permanent break! *unknw*

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
gel said:
Still no David. Perhaps it's a permanent break! *unknw*
It's still too early, if David is planning a career change. I don't think we'll hear from him before the new year.

I don't personally know the guy, so I may be wrong, but surely he was only posting here for and on behalf of HiFix to generate business, which equates to sales commission? Ergo it was his job. Why therefore would anybody expect him to post on here again?

jjbomber

Gazzip said:
he was only posting here for and on behalf of HiFix to generate business, which equates to sales commission? Ergo it was his job.

He also used to post on other threads, like recent gigs etc. If he is still going to gigs, them maybe he would still be posting. He may be feeling a bit down, having lost his job, but hopefully he will be back. He has a wealth of knowledge. On the bright side, he can now say what he wants without worrying about HiFix!

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Gazzip said:
he was only posting here for and on behalf of HiFix to generate business, which equates to sales commission? Ergo it was his job.

He also used to post on other threads, like recent gigs etc. If he is still going to gigs, them maybe he would still be posting. He may be feeling a bit down, having lost his job, but hopefully he will be back. He has a wealth of knowledge. On the bright side, he can now say what he wants without worrying about HiFix!

Understood. Like I said I don't know the guy...

D

Deleted member 2457

Yep, he used to say he would still post on here whether he worked for Frank Harvey or not, I guess we will find out.

Replicant666

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I only know David because Ive bought quite a few bits of Hi-Fi from him. I only thought it fair given the wealth of advice he gave to me on another forum. However I have to add the only reason I made the 400 mile round trip was because all the advice he gave was totally objective and certainly wasnt just to push comission sales. He was anything but a pushy salesman and obviously a true enthusiast. Im holding off on my next purchase in the hopes he reimerges as I know from previous experience I can trust his advice.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Gazzip said:
I don't personally know the guy, so I may be wrong, but surely he was only posting here for and on behalf of HiFix to generate business, which equates to sales commission? Ergo it was his job. Why therefore would anybody expect him to post on here again?
I had full intention of continuing to post as normal, but I felt that under the username I had, it wouldn't be right. It has taken a little while to sort that out, but now it has, I can post as normal. I'm fully aware of what I have said on a number of occasions about posting here whether I was working for a retailer or not, and I was even aware of that given the circumstances.

:)

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
davidf said:
Gazzip said:
I had full intention of continuing to post as normal, but I felt that under the username I had, it wouldn't be right. It has taken a little while to sort that out, but now it has, I can post as normal. I'm fully aware of what I have said on a number of occasions about posting here whether I was working for a retailer or not, and I was even aware of that given the circumstances.

:)

Good to read you again

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
jjbomber said:
Just off to see Placebo tonight when I've posted this as a matter of fact...

Having left my previous company of my own accord, I'm now feeling great! Had a break, sorted a few things out, and now I'm back :)

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
davidf said:
jjbomber said:
Just off to see Placebo tonight when I've posted this as a matter of fact...

Having left my previous company of my own accord, I'm now feeling great! Had a break, sorted a few things out, and now I'm back :)

Welcome back david, glad you sorted things out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts