DALI Concept 10 - experiences?

HiFiStudent24

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
Hi! I am currently looking for some new speakers and came across a seemingly flawless couple of DALI Concept 10 - speakers for just around 400 US dollars. As per today I have a pair of Bose 301 MKIIIs driven by a Denon PMA1510AE and a SVS SB12 plus subwoofer. I was planning on keeping the amplifier (sub would probably not be necessary?). Would this be a good switch? They will be in a living room, approx. 20 m2 in size. As for listening preferences I like classic rock (especially Dire Straits-type) and would like some more space and punch to the sound than the Bose-speakers give, although their soundstage is quite wide (probably due to the angeled tweeters).

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The reason I'm asking this and just don't go listen to them myself is that they are about 600 km away from me and fuel is expensive:)

Hi! I am currently looking for some new speakers and came across a seemingly flawless couple of DALI Concept 10 - speakers for just around 400 US dollars. As per today I have a pair of Bose 301 MKIIIs driven by a Denon PMA1510AE and a SVS SB12 plus subwoofer. I was planning on keeping the amplifier (sub would probably not be necessary?). Would this be a good switch? They will be in a living room, approx. 20 m2 in size. As for listening preferences I like classic rock (especially Dire Straits-type) and would like some more space and punch to the sound than the Bose-speakers give, although their soundstage is quite wide (probably due to the angeled tweeters).

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The reason I'm asking this and just don't go listen to them myself is that they are about 600 km away from me and fuel is expensive:)
Do you refer to the Dali 10 floorstanders or the standmount / bookshelf speakers?

Last edited:

HiFiStudent24

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
It's always an issue with second hand equipment that you cannot actually get to inspect before parting with cash.
Suggest you look closer to home?
Yes, that is probably for the best. These speakers appealed to me by the looks and I know I like the DALI sound, so I'm just wondering if it's worth the risk either way. For what it's worth, they do look like they are in a healthy condition. That's of course impossible to distinguish fully over a picture, though.

Yes, that is probably for the best. These speakers appealed to me by the looks and I know I like the DALI sound, so I'm just wondering if it's worth the risk either way. For what it's worth, they do look like they are in a healthy condition. That's of course impossible to distinguish fully over a picture, though.
I guess it depends how you are going to buy them. At least eBay has some inbuilt protection, they are indeed a lot of speaker for the money.

Reactions: HiFiStudent24

HiFiStudent24

Oct 27, 2022
Visit site
I guess it depends how you are going to buy them. At least eBay has some inbuilt protection, they are indeed a lot of speaker for the money.
Yeah, this is through a Norwegian sales-site, so no guarantees in line away from the law of purchase (which does actually give you some rights if they happen to be completely broken or something) and the insurance of the postal service in case of damages.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts