Speakers advice

zokinjo

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
First of all hi everyone, i am new here, long time reader, first time joined :)

As said in title i would realy appreciate advice fot speakers.

Have marantz pm6005 and it awesome, paired with wharfedale diamond 9.3.

I want to replace speakers because i want a change, so i was looking these:

wharfedale diamond 220

Q Acoustics Concept 20

Dali Zensor 3

Monitor audio bronze 2

I listen all kind of music, but most of the time its deep house and funky house, but older songs, since i was deejaying more than 10 years its kinda stucked with me, so i love deep and punchy base.

Also listen R&B, some rock (dire straits), nu disco and similar, so i realy need an advice for shoosing one of speakers mentioned above, because i cant deside on my own and i dont have chance to hear them.

Sorry for bad english, its not my native,

best regards,

Zoran

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
zokinjo said:

wharfedale diamond 220

Q Acoustics Concept 20

Dali Zensor 3

Monitor audio bronze 2

I listen all kind of music, but most of the time its deep house and funky house, but older songs, since i was deejaying more than 10 years its kinda stucked with me, so i love deep and punchy base.

Also listen R&B, some rock (dire straits), nu disco and similar, so i realy need an advice for shoosing one of speakers mentioned above, because i cant deside on my own and i dont have chance to hear them.

best regards,

Zoran

For that sort of music and for bass I would have thought the Dalis would be the best choice.

zokinjo

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Wharfedale diamond 9.3, even they have 8" woofer, have very poor base.

Not punchy and dynamic, just loosen and not controled, mid range is to much forvard for my taste, its big bookshelf but i was always in doubt did i make right choice, changed many amps and cd players, and concluded that after all its speakers that i am not satesfied.

I understand that i have worse room where they are, its 4m x 4meters, no curtains etc, but it can be better than it is now.

I have to turn up bass on amp to get a bit punch, speakers just cant deliver it, like i said midle is to much forvard, base is loosen and not punchy, highs are not bright enough, and not to lie myself i want a change :)

I mainly listen music from htpc, inside is asus xonar essence st, it has TI Bur-Brown PCM1792A dac, and it plays realy nice, mostly listen flacs.

Marantz pm 6005 is also pretty good budget amp, qed speaker calbes and interconnects, so i realy think that if i can change speakers i can get better sound.

Thanks for replying :)

zokinjo

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I have wharfedale sw150:

http://www.whathifi.com/wharfedale/diamond-sw150/review

But Marantz dont have sub out, so i cant connect to it.

I also have Denon avr 3806, i had that sub also for music, that was realy to much bass and also unnatural, it was horrible.

I played with positioning but it was total disaster.

That Denon is fantastic for home cinema, i realy love it, that sub rocks in movies, but i bought marantz for stereo and preouted from Denon.

So, to shorten, i would realy like to keep marantz and not connect sub.

Thanks for reply.

zokinjo said:

wharfedale diamond 220

Q Acoustics Concept 20

Dali Zensor 3

Monitor audio bronze 2

best regards,

Zoran

Mmmm... this is difficult to solve. Part of me thinks that maybe your speakers are deficient, yet another part of me thinks your 45-watt Marantz might be struggling to control a 8" midrange/bass driver.

My hunch is it's probably the latter. I would find a dealer and try a Marantz Pearl Lite or 8005 with your speakers and whether that cures the bass issues.

Really think it could a process of elimination.

zokinjo

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
I tried more powerfull amps, same thing, so i realy dont think marantz is problem here.

The were also connected to Denon avr, same thing happened, so its not amp.

Thanks for advice :)

TRENDING THREADS