daft question please dont laugh

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i am in the next three months upgrading my power cable on the denon1909 to copper line alpha power £35 which got 5 stars in aprils mag i think but it is a 3 pin. My denon 1909 kettle lead is the same shape and size but on has 2 pins is this because my denon i a class 2 product and it make a differance or do i need to buy a 2 pin lead many thanks.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Bwaahahaahahaha.
emotion-5.gif

No, it just means it's double-earthed, and so doesn't have an earth pin on the IEC socket. You can use any mains cable, standard or third-party, 'three-hole' or 'two-hole' IEC, with it.

For information, obviously it doesn't work the other way round, so a 'two-pin' IEC plug won't fit a 'three-pin' socket, as the earth pin will prevent it from being inserted, but then you wouldn't want to be using an unearthed cable with a product requiring an earth connection anyway.

Too much info? Sorry, it's been a long day...

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
hahahahhahah - what a fool you are.

I had exactly the same dilemma this time last year! It's absolutely fine, and will make a great difference to the sound. Enjoy.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
big aura i want the to get the tacima as well as the copperline alpha which makes the bigger change if you could only afford 1 this month cheers

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks managed to get both the cooperline cost me nearly £40 notes as ive had a 1.25m one, the email said it could take up to 4 weeks that was from clearer audio. The tacima only cost £23 pound brand new of amazon so dead chuffed i thought it was about £35. september on holiday then october im going for some of that £6 pound metre chord stuff the one with the awards im using the denon1909 to bi- amp and ill do the the centre(18metres for all 3) and thats costing £108 so im leaving the rears with my £2 pound oxygen free stuff that will be ok wont it to leave the rears.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts