DacMagic will be able to reduce brightness in the highs and upper middle range of a system?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Compared to what?

You have also asked for help with cables to reduce system brightness in another thread.

Sounds like you may need to address the problem at a more fundamental level (speakers/room/amp) than applying 'fixes' with cables and DACs.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
lipe:

any help?

many thanks.

lipe

I compared the Dacmagic to my Xindak DAC-8, the DAC-8 (when connected to i's solid state output) is more dynamic at the outer fequencies so i'm sure the DacMagic might counter slightly your problem. Will there be more tubey sounding DAC's if that what you want, i bet there is though.

But first things first, how good/pure is your mains supply? Acoustics in your room? These are the first things to worry about if you haven't allready.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Unlikely. Like most CA products its a fairly explicit/non-romantic/neutral sounding thing. In absence of any useful information from you, a dealer may be better able to help you. Book yourself in, take your stuff with you and switch in/out some alternative components. You soon know where the problem is.

A

Anonymous

from another thread about the same subject but hoping cables would do the trick

currently have a av receiver pioneer 918, with a player pioneer 610 as a source, and a MA RX6 brand new.

I'm looking for a new stereo AMP, but until then ....
as I PROFIGOLD oxypure interconnects and speaker cable as SUPRA 2.5 classic ....

id say stereo amp plus different speakers but since its an av setup with new speakers then just a stereo amp may help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts