Dac through usb, is it worth it?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im currently using a marrantz pm5003 amp and a pair of q-acoustic's 2010's hooked up to my pc using spotify premium using a cheap line in cable. I want to add a dac to use through the usb, i know the sampling rate isnt as high as an optical connection or spdif, is there going to be a big loss in sound quality by using the usb? im thinking of buying a musical fidelity v-dac or an arcam r-dac, i wont be able to demo either so any thought's would most welcome.

A

Anonymous

Is using a DAC via USB worth it for Spotify Premium?

Yes most definitely.

A

Anonymous

I also used a cable before I bought a DAC and the step up was immense, I think you will be extremely happy with either of the DAC's you mention. The Dacmagic and Rega Dac are two other contenders depending on budget.

A

Anonymous

I also used a cable before I bought a DAC and the step up was immense, I think you will be extremely happy with either of the DAC's you mention. The Dacmagic and Rega Dac are two other contenders depending on budget.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I use the HRT music streamer II........nice price and a very nice sound.

411O7DqDn4L._SL175_.jpg

T

the record spot

If you're going off the computer, do consider the UA25-EX from Roland. It's a pro-audio device and is USB. It runs off your computer so there's no additional plug for it. Pricewise, it's around £140, but a powered one is out there for around £260. Great reviews. You might also see it under the Cakewalk or Edirol name, both of which are owned by Roland.

rolandUA25EX.jpg

Messiah

I would also recommend a USB DAC over a standard connection.

I used the Beresford 7520 and was impressed with the results. The Beresford also has additional inputs if you ever need them and a decent headphone amp.

A

Anonymous

There's also the HiFace, Evo and Halide Bridge worth looking into

A

Anonymous

Thank's for all the advice, i have just bought a musical fidelity v-dac with a wireworld ultraviolet usb cable, both should arrive in a couple of day's, i will post my thought's after a serious listen!

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
USB2 is more than fast enough to stream two-channel, CD-quality digital audio to an outboard DAC.
It can stream fast enough for my USB CD writer to cut a 74-minute CD in less than a tenth of the time, so streaming the same data in real-time to an outboard DAC is barely making it sweat.

A

Anonymous

The v-dac has arrived and is hooked up, the dac sound's fantastic, smooth and powerful, vocal's are silky, for 160 pound's the dac is a steal.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts