Cyrus XTse with Chord DAC 76

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi'

If i was to join a Cyrus xt se with a Chord dac 76 how much better do you think it will sound then a product like the Cyrus dac x and if its good enough to worry products like TEAC'S Esoteric X-05,MOON CD5.3 RS and Audio research cd5.

A

Anonymous

Stick a PSX-R power supply on the cyrus and get everything else right (cables etc.) and I think you'd have one of the best sounding CD players at any price.

jules.

A

Anonymous

It would probably sound indifferent to an Airport Express as a transport, if the Chord is a re-clocking device.

Remember that CD transports are fundamentally flawed because they read in real time and may never read the disc perfectly. This is a luxury one has when ripping CDs; you have time to get it right, and then when you move that data across a network to the DAC the bits stay intact.

john dolan

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Eddie Pound:Try a £20 supermarket DVD player?I have a xtse + psxr into dac x +psxr.I also run a cheap sony £70 dvd player through the dac x and believe me the xtse destroys the dvd player.I also have a arcam delta cd transport and hooked up that also.I burned 3 copies of a cd and played them all at the same time and then could select between each player on the dac x and they all sound different.The dvd player sounds very light weight and thin and the arcam sounds like my old alfa + warm full and very pleasant.The xtse trounces them both.

A

Anonymous

I didn't know it could be so apparent.

The oiginal poster should certainly demo carefully then.

" Your own ears may vary"

A

Anonymous

I don't know how it would sound, but i would really like to hear the xtse hooked up to that 3 grand chord DAC.

A

Anonymous

once again my lack of hifi knowledge shows up - just realised the chord 76 is the 3 grand dac - sorry.

Jitter

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
I have also run a Cyrus 7 and an 8se through a DAC X and compared. There really is a significant difference. But through a Chord????

Love to have a go with that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts