Cyrus upgrade experiences

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Forum,

just got my new Cyrus combi Pre XPD/PSX-R/ X Power replacing the 8 VS.

Sources : Rega P3/Benz ACE-L,Heed Orbit 1 - Arcam CD 73

First impression, more details , stage not so compressed /wider and deeper.

Vocals however sound thinner may be the set up has to run in for some time first

Any other forum members have experiences regarding this Cyrus Combination ?

Edgar

A

Anonymous

Edgar Eichmann:
Hi Forum,

just got my new Cyrus combi Pre XPD/PSX-R/ X Power replacing the 8 VS.

Sources : Rega P3/Benz ACE-L,Heed Orbit 1 - Arcam CD 73

First impression, more details , stage not so compressed /wider and deeper.

Vocals however sound thinner may be the set up has to run in for some time first

Any other forum members have experiences regarding this Cyrus Combination ?

Edgar

Hi Edgar

Are they all new components? If so, i have heard it can/may take a couple of weeks before you start hearing them at their best. Sounds like a great system, happy listening.

A

Anonymous

Hi Frank,

thanks for the comment.

the PSX-R is used, the Pre/Power are new , just out of the carton.

Regards

Edgar

A

Anonymous

Not the same pre as you but...

My PreX vs needs at least 24hours of being left on before sounding right from having been switched off / cold. Sounds 'thin' otherwise. When I first got it I left it on standby for about 8 hours - came back and tried the headphone out - the noise was truely horrible! Left it switched on and now it is everything I wanted and more!

Enjoy your new purchase.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Having demonstrated many different Cyrus systems over the past decade, I'll agree with Manassas that the Cyrus does take a while to settle down and sound it's best. Many ocassions I've set demos up for people and they've just not sounded impressive - usually not sounding any better than a cheaper system. But once they've warmed up (in store we like to give them 2-3 hours from cold) they sound excellent. I think many people have heard demos of Cyrus equipment when they've not been warmed up and have probably been plugged in there and then for them for a demo. We find the same with Naim too.

A

Anonymous

Hi David,

thanks for the comment which by the way is identical with the comments of Cyrus in this matter.

They say I should consider a run in time of 2-3 weeks. I was thinking to leave the system "on", no volume and no tone and thats what they have proposed too.

By the way I was in your store some weeks ago, as my company has an own office in Daventry and the indication to buy the system was coming from one of your staff members too who said either this combination or Naim XS Pre and Nap 200 because I'am running AE1 MK3 reference speakers.

It would be a matter of personal taste. It is exactly what my prefered German dealer said and so I understood HIFI is not so complicated just need good expert advice too.

Thanks again and best regards

Edgar

Gusboll

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Don't know whether it's science or sound/ear synergy; my Cyrus setup really started bursting into life after 4 weeks or so. Upon adding the new speakers it was the same story. Result: joy.

A

Anonymous

Yep, my cyrus lit took an age to warm up / run in etc. Now it sounds fantastic.

Give it time, play music on a low level when your out at work etc, and it will help the run in process for cyrus.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts