Cyrus Problem

pba_target

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Chaps, an interesting one for you!

I've just re-set up my 6XP in my bedroom. On the way to setting it up I tested some new speaker sockets with it in the new extension, all worked as advertised.

Having re-set the system in my bedroom, the volume of the input is miniscule, seemingly no matter what I do. I have tried a couple of different sources, and all play at the same very reduced volume (i.e. very quiet with the volume dial all the way up, inaudible at my normal -20 to -10.)

Thinking I might have knackered my normal choice of input sockets, I re-enabled some of the others. Even more bizarrely, the input keeps on playing, no matter which sockets it is plugged into or which input I have selected....

I've checked the speaker wiring, they are definitely connected the right way round

Aside from that, there's a few more pops and crackles etc than normal when switching on and changing inputs.

Anyone got any thoughts?

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
you can trim the input sensitivity on the xp amps but i doubt this would cause any of the problems you are having, worth a check tho i suppose. try using again in the other room to see if its a problem with the amp or the speakers/connections.

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
My thoughts are to try your amp in another system, perhaps at your local dealer, so as to eliminate all other equipment and cables.

If it is the Amp then I would send it back to Cyrus.

Other than that I am stumped.

pba_target

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Stumped is what I am! I took the whole thing apart, left it overnight, then plugged it all back in thismorning, and everything seems to be normal.... so far!

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
in my experience any faults with cyrus dont seem to fix themselves, (apart from overheating cutoffs). being an xp its possible you have some time on the warranty so dont be put off sending it back if it happens again, they have always returned anything to me in as good as new condition with no fuss. might be useful to let us know what speakers you are using.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts