Cyrus Integrated Amp Confusion !!!!

satycool

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Am a bit confused with Cyrus set-up as I'm sort if interested in an ex-demo sale for Cyrus system that inc CDXT SE2 (RRP £1500 sale for £1000) plus Intergrated Amp: 8XP d QX (RRP £1900 sale for £1099) - both falling within my original 3k budget. Having looked on the the Cyrus website(UK) I cannot find this amp anywhere! The closest intergrated amp with closest/same discription to the 8XP d QX, on the Cyrus site was the, Cyrus 8 QX DAC (or the Pre-Amp XPd QX)

Both amps are described as the top-end Cyrus intergrated amps on web, and look the same in every way!...What is the difference -if any- on these two amps ?

Also can two 70watts X-Power Amps be used to give 140 watts mono (70w to each channel) to either the 8XP d QX or QX DAC intergrated amps ?

Crossie

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
The 8XPdQX and the 8 QX DAC are essentially the same amplifier/DAC with just a few changes to some compenents. The 8QX DAC being the new name hence some excellent prices for the 8XPdQX.

X powers can be switched to run in mono, so a pair of them will give 140 W per channel (not 70 W). You can use the 8XPdQX as a preamp equivalent to the Pre XPdQX.

Details of older Cyrus products can be found on the Cyrus site by clicking the Product Archive Tab.

IMHO your proposed system looks like the basis of and excellent system. Be sure to hear them with some good speakers. I suggest Spendor or Vienna Acoustics.

:dance:

satycool

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that info - I was previously interested in Cyrus cd set-up but was put off by the price - but these offers seem really good to miss leaving me some extra change to get decent speakers. Will try and get a listen the Cyrus CD/Amp some how (no good Hi-fi shops near me - except one decent one ).

BronC

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re your question about x-powers. Yes you can switch each x-power into mono mode using a switch at the back and you can use the integrated amop as a pre-amp. The x-power in mono mode gives 110 watts each according to cyrus.

I had the self same system and it sounded great. You can upgrade it later by changing the integrated to a pre-amp and adding PSX-R's to the cd and amp / pre-amp

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Highly recommend this system (very similar to mine - I have the Xpowers mono biwired to B&W CM8s), but recommend you hear the system with the speakers you'll be using.

Vienna Acoustics are recommended (and distributed?) by Cyrus so should be a great match. Links to VA within the Cyrus website and vice-versa.

I don't have PSX-Rs on the X powers, just on the preXpdqx, and ample power/sound for my needs ( I even added Rothwell attenuators to get the volume dial up to -30db)

BronC

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Agreed they are plenty powerful enough. they drove my old big Spendors wonderfully.

BYW - the PSX-R does increase the power to 140 - but Cyrus told me that without it its about 110 into 8 ohms (conservative). That is plenty load enough for me. In my small room I never had the volume control on the Cyrus above - 35db (or is that below!!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts