admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just received my used Cyrus 8Vs2 int. amp. Its replacing a Marantz pm 66ki. Bit embarressed asking this question - here goes. My Marantz had plugs to connect speakers. The speaker outputs on the back of the Cyrus are very different and in no way would accomodate the plugs i currently have, even with a hammer lol. Stupid I know but please help. While im makin a full of myself. The chord interconnects cd to amp i have are red and black? how do i know what is positive /negative in this respect and do both interconnects go from amp to cd. My cd is an old 63ki sig marantz. Im 77 and used to analogue, any help appreciated.

eternaloptimist

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Hi runforfree,

You need to use BFA speaker plugs which should have come with the amp (I used to have an 8vs2).

They look like this; http://www.bartlettshifi.com/product_detail.asp?sku=1293

They don't have to be Cyrus brand.

Cheers,

D

A

Anonymous

Hi,

When you get up and running, you'll find its a great amp. What speakers are you running it with?

Regarding the interconnects. Yes, both should go from player to amp. The outputs on your player should be marked Right and Left, as should the inputs on your amp. All you need to remember is Red = Right, and you'll be fine. The other interconnect will either be Black or White, and should go to the left channel.

The same rule applies for your speaker cables, and the BFA plugs you get will be red and black. They should be connected to the corresponding speaker wires in the cable (if you don't feel confident making up cables, then get the shop where you buy the plugs to attach them for you).

Good luck and enjoy your lovely new amp.

Merry Christmas,

Shuggie

A

Anonymous

Hi D,

Much appreciate your advice, i got quite a shock when I saw the speaker inputs on the amp. I understand where to go now.

Thanks again.

Will.

A

Anonymous

Hi Shuggie,

Thanks for your advice, that has indeed set me straight. Im going to start off with a pair of Epos m5i`s - if I like the sound then I wont change the spreakers.

Cheers and a Merry Christmas to you,

Will.

A

Anonymous

Hi Gusball,

Im hoping it will be a £380 silver bargain - bought from an auction site with a recent service and 3 month warranty, fingers crossed.

Cheers

Will.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
You might want to check the warranty out - according to the Cyrus manuals the warranty is non-transferable, i.e. covers original owner only. I know as I didn't check this until after I'd bought a used piece of Cyrus gear (no problems with it, mind).

A

Anonymous

Will do, thanks for that . Hoping to avoid problems for a little while.

Reagrds

will

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts