Pairing options for Cyrus 8vs2

Sundeep V Menon

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

Am in a quandry. Would be really grateful if some of you would help me with some options for this combination - Cyrus 8VS2+Marantz CD Player. What stereo speakers - Bookshelf's specifically are my best to pair with the Cyrus?

Thanks in advance

Sundeep V Menon

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks chief... Pretty budget sensitive. My options in budget range are Monitor Audio ( I know how you feel about them now ), Tannoy Rev DC6, DALI, B&W 685?? Dynaudio DM2/6 is a stretch...

Will you ever suggest buying used speakers but of the makes you suggested?

Sundeep V Menon said:
Thanks chief... Pretty budget sensitive. My options in budget range are Monitor Audio ( I know how you feel about them now ), Tannoy Rev DC6, DALI, B&W 685?? Dynaudio DM2/6 is a stretch...

Will you ever suggest buying used speakers but of the makes you suggested?

I wouldn't recommend buying second hand from auction sites. This is because, more often than not, if you don't like them, for whatever reason, you're limited when it comes to returns. Some suction site dealers have this, some don't. If second hand is your preference the high street dealers are the safest route to go.

For cheaper speakers I'd look at Wharfedale Diamond 10.1, Q Acoustics... but the Cyrus was a £800 amp when new so you'd need to look at Epos M12 as a minimum or Dyn 2/6 or even a previous model 52 Audience.

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
I've heard the Tannoys with the Cyrus amp and they worked really well. If your budget is tight give Wharfedale's 121s a go. There were a few minor issues with the finish on our very early sample, but as far as sound goes they're terrific.

A

Anonymous

I have run my Monitor Audio RX2's with a Cyrus 8VS2 (music fed via iTunes/AirPlay/Apple TV and Spitfire DAC) and it was a superb system

Very detailed at the top end but it was never overly bright/harsh and the midrange/bass were to die for; really punchy and superbly timed :)

If you can afford the likes of the B&W 685 speakers (which personally I thionk would be a very good fit) then definitley consider the Monitor Audio RX1's)

I agree that a few years back; Monitor Audio speakers with Cyrus would have had a lot of people saying it'd be too bright a system but the RX range is vastly improved and suits Cyrus very well indeed IMO

I'd also look at the likes of B&W CM1's or CM5's (2nd hand) and Neat Motive 3's as well

therecruiter said:
I have run my Monitor Audio RX2's with a Cyrus 8VS2 (music fed via iTunes/AirPlay/Apple TV and Spitfire DAC) and it was a superb system

Very detailed at the top end but it was never overly bright/harsh and the midrange/bass were to die for; really punchy and superbly timed :)

If you can afford the likes of the B&W 685 speakers (which personally I thionk would be a very good fit) then definitley consider the Monitor Audio RX1's)

I agree that a few years back; Monitor Audio speakers with Cyrus would have had a lot of people saying it'd be too bright a system but the RX range is vastly improved and suits Cyrus very well indeed IMO

I'd also look at the likes of B&W CM1's or CM5's (2nd hand) and Neat Motive 3's as well

Agree that MAs could sound good with the 8VS2, but mostly it'll be decided on source and room acoustics. As the OP hasn't revealed this the safer route IMO would be to keep away from metal domed tweeter speakers. For my tastes Cyrus and MA are a avoid combo.

Sundeep V Menon

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a ton guys... I am actually shelling out more for the Amp and CD ( Marantz 7004). The budget is about £650. The Dynaudio fits in. But havent been able to find a dealer who has stock. With Epos am not sure how much it costs here. I think Q Acoustics are great value for money but I want something better.. Am looking at Bookshelfs...

Thanks again,

S

TRENDING THREADS