Cyrus 8vs or 8vs2 amps?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can't decide between the two

As l'm considering buying second user, the price difference between the two is pretty hefty.

ls the vs2 that much of a jump?

Reviews tend to state that the vs2 has lost some of the lean edge to the sound, without losing the detail.

Anybody with any opinion as to this?

A

Anonymous

I am the proud owner of a Cyrus 8vs, which I am now using as a pre-amp for my Mono X's. However if I could get a 8vs2 then for only slightly more then thats what I would buy. Not that I have heard the difference between the two models (the 8vs is a fine amp) but you will always have that nagging doubt that the later model might be better.

A

Anonymous

Hello & thanks for the response.

The 8vs goes for around the £400 mark, where as the 8vs2 tends to be more like £650 ish.

l know what you mean about that nagging doubt!

A

Anonymous

Less bright allegedly. More realistic sound, i.e. less lean and fuller. Is it worth the difference? Depends on how much of a hifi nut you are I guess. It wasn't that long ago that the 8vs was hailed an excellent amp, improvements never cease. If spending the extra means less for speakers then def get the 8vs.

A

Anonymous

I don't know how much it costs (anyone else?), but you can always upgrade the 8vs to 8vs2 spec by returning the amp to the factory at a later date. The factory upgrades are generally good value, and you would have the advantage of having in effect a new 8vs2 in the future for less than the cost of buying one new.

Jitter

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
ffiish:I don't know how much it costs (anyone else?), but you can always upgrade the 8vs to 8vs2 spec by returning the amp to the factory at a later date. The factory upgrades are generally good value, and you would have the advantage of having in effect a new 8vs2 in the future for less than the cost of buying one new.

The price was £250 last year for VS to VS2. Don't think it has changed.

A

Anonymous

auntybobbo:I am the proud owner of a Cyrus 8vs, which I am now using as a pre-amp for my Mono X's. However if I could get a 8vs2 then for only slightly more then thats what I would buy. Not that I have heard the difference between the two models (the 8vs is a fine amp) but you will always have that nagging doubt that the later model might be better.

As an aside, from experience, the integrated as a pre really is restricting your Mono-x's. Im a big Cyrus fan, but their pre amps, even dedicated ones have always seemed to be a weak link in their line-up. However in this instance, a dedicated Cyrus pre would bring improvements. Sorry for rambling

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts