Creek i20

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I just noticed this amplifier for the first time, not heard of it before and read a review without knowing the price.

https://www.audioaffair.co.uk/creek-voyage-i20-integrated-amplifier

I thought it was between £1600 and £2000 but nearly choked on my tea when I found out it was £4495.

Class G and in the same mould as Arcams SA20 and SA30. Internally similar other than that the Creek uses a SMPS rather than linear power supply and thus has higher power ratings in to lower loads.

I can only assume that is built in the UK to explain the vast difference in price though I must admit I prefer the look of the Creek.

(Made in Czech Republic) I guess this goes some way to explain the cost.

Phono board extra

Reactions: nopiano
I just noticed this amplifier for the first time, not heard of it before and read a review without knowing the price.

https://www.audioaffair.co.uk/creek-voyage-i20-integrated-amplifier

I thought it was between £1600 and £2000 but nearly choked on my tea when I found out it was £4495.

Class G and in the same mould as Arcams SA20 and SA30. Internally similar other than that the Creek uses a SMPS rather than linear power supply and thus has higher power ratings in to lower loads.

I can only assume that is built in the UK to explain the vast difference in price though I must admit I prefer the look of the Creek.

(Made in Czech Republic) I guess this goes some way to explain the cost.

Phono board extra
I don't believe that manufacturing in the UK means a huge price difference, there are a good few that still produce reasonably priced kit here.
As with many manufacturers Creek seem to be charging what they think they can get for it.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
It shouldn't matter at all, but that doesn't look like it should be worth the outlay. It looks like a £500 product.

A bit harsh but I agree it doesn't look that much different from previous much cheaper Creek amifiers. Good Class G is not cheap to implement and the unit seems very well built. Power is good and facilities decent.

I happen to prefer sleek, low profile Hifi to button festooned behemots with expanses of front facia dominating a rack (room).

Still, these days when you can get an Audiolab 6000A, although less powerful but of similar build quality and feature set for £600 or an Arcam SA20, still a little less powerful but with a decent phono stage included and a very similar Class G topology for a grand ... the Creek likely struggles.

In all fairness though, I haven't heard it so my impression of cost is superficial.

Reactions: Tinman1952
Certainly looks like Creek are trying their hardest to milk the this amp. If it's entry-level arena, it has to be special sounding, regardless of looks. Have to confess though it doesn't look too dissimilar to the Evo 2 I had on home demo. At around £700 that was cracking sounding, and worth every penny if it had a built-in phono stage.

Reactions: Al ears

Tinman1952

I am sure the design and build is excellent but way overpriced. They obviously think they are only going to sell in low volumes and have to recover their costs.... unless that front plate is made from platinum....? 🤔

Gosh, this one passed me by and I usually try to keep up with the bigger integrated amps. It’s probably better ‘in the flesh’ but unfortunately in the pictures it looks more like an Audiolab for under a grand. Pretty impressive spec though.

Reactions: Al ears

armondo666

Feb 20, 2022
Visit site
nice to read all the comments from folk who have not heard this product
I actually OWN one ... sounds wonderful, also owned 5350 SE, EVO100A and it's at a different level than both
as for "it still doesn't look like a £4500 product to me " ... want more knobs and buttons?
me, I prefer the minimalism (oh, and the sound since I've actually heard one ... at times paired with a Voyage CD, also minimalist)

To be frank, however it sounds, it looks like just about any other recent Creek.
For that money I would expect exceptional casework etc.
The price puts them up in Luxman territory along with others. Perhaps they will sell but they are up against very strong opposition.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts