Crank 2 BD. Problems.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Rented Crank 2 as part of Blockbuster's '4 for £10' deal (along with 'Traitor', 'Outlander' & 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop').

The other 3 films (and all the BDs I own) are fine, but Crank 2 had problems.

it got to the loading screen and froze, then it played the studio music, but pic was still frozen on the loading screen, and then the film menu (or rather a piece of it) came up in a box about 4" square over the frozen loading screen.

Tried cleaning the disc numerous times, then connected my 350 to the ethernet, but I guess I'm on the latest firmware as it didn't automatically update as it has in the past.

So I took it back where I was told that a number of people had returned Crank 2 BDs with similar issues, got a credit and left.

Anyone else discovered this?

A

Anonymous

Rented crank 2 last night but it would not work on my DMP-BD35. I have had the player since december and watch countless movies with no problem. First thing i did was update the firmware to the latest version (this is the first time i have updated this) but still does not work.

The disc loads for 2-3 minutes then a loading screen pops up, after another minute the progress bar stops. After pressing play, menu etc the movie starts but not in full screen in shows in a small window about 10cm x 10cm in the middle of the screen. The sound works but obviously i aint watching it like this. I know its prob not the best film but apparently the HD soundtrack is excellent.

Anyone else had a problem with this disc? lets just say i am not very happy about it.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

looks like your not the only one, just posted above. didnt realise you had already started the topic

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Threads merged, as this seems to be a problem not related to a specific player. Not sure we have a copy of the disc onsite, so anyone else had similar probs?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Our review copy is a timecoded check disc - not the retail version - and AFAIK we had no problems (other than thinking the film wasn't half as 'so-bad-it's-good' as the first movie)

EDIT - scrap that; we only had the DVD in, not the Blu-ray, apparantly. I stopped watching after 10 secs due to timecoded discs being unwatchable IMO....

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Personally with the film bound to be a load of tosh like the first Crank movie surely it's a bonus that it has issues playing?

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
D.J.KRIME:Personally with the film bound to be a load of tosh like the first Crank movie surely it's a bonus that it has issues playing?

It is going to have to go some to be worse than Outlander.John Hurt must have been on his last million to accept that script.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy:
D.J.KRIME:Personally with the film bound to be a load of tosh like the first Crank movie surely it's a bonus that it has issues playing?

It is going to have to go some to be worse than Outlander.John Hurt must have been on his last million to accept that script.

If you take them for what they are, then they're not that bad.

Outlander was OK, but I'll stick to '13th Warrior' for my 'fish-out-of-water-in-viking-village-attack' movies (admittedly a pretty niche genre). Shows you don't need flashy VFX and big monsters to make a great movie.

I'll wager the makers of 'Outlander' had seen 'The Host' more than a couple of times too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts