could do with some advice - denon AVR2808 vs yamaha DSP-AX757SE & 400quid?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i currently have a yamaha DSP-AX757SE which seems damn good, but i got the email from RS vip offering the denon AVR2808

are they comparable and, hdmi aside, would anyone in the know advise me to spend 400quid on that denon over the yamaha, powering tannoy arenas and alternatly some old but substantial tannoy 611mk2's with 605's, using input sources, DVD1940 and PC via 5.1 analog & optical, and a 360. No blueray yet but an inevitable addon and my telly isn't full HD yet but will be upgraded as soon as prices meet my budget.

im not lacking connections with the yamaha but im considering using one amp as 7.1 for the arenas with other as support for mainly stereo use to power the 611s as an extension of the 7.1 system. would it be worth doing that?

cheers in advance

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Depends what you're after. On the music side you could do so much better. On the AV side what you have sounds pretty good.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

cheers JoelSim

i do have an arcam alpha but im not sure which one, i think is a an alpha 2 but not sure. i have powered the 611's outdoors with it and it rocks, ideal set to accompany projector and although used in open space with a cheap & minor dvd player they can entertain a large audience. do you reckon i should use the arcam and save the 400 quid? musicaly i use a lot of dts cds and audio dvd's but i have a big selection of standard cds and a massive collection of mp3's

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
itsmeitis:
i currently have a yamaha DSP-AX757SE which seems damn good, but i got the email from RS vip offering the denon AVR2808

are they comparable and, hdmi aside, would anyone in the know advise me to spend 400quid on that denon over the yamaha, powering tannoy arenas and alternatly some old but substantial tannoy 611mk2's with 605's, using input sources, DVD1940 and PC via 5.1 analog & optical, and a 360. No blueray yet but an inevitable addon and my telly isn't full HD yet but will be upgraded as soon as prices meet my budget.

im not lacking connections with the yamaha but im considering using one amp as 7.1 for the arenas with other as support for mainly stereo use to power the 611s as an extension of the 7.1 system. would it be worth doing that?

cheers in advance

The Denon 2808 is a brilliant receiver. £400 is an absolute steal.

TRENDING THREADS