Dennon 1912 or Yamaha 373/473 with Tannoy V4 speakers?

gurjitsidhu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Im looking to build a system and have decided to get Tannoy V4's (even without listening to them since the reviews seem great!) with an Tannoy SFX sub. Im looking to eventually make the system a 5.1 when funds allow.

Now i was planning to get an older Denon 1912 AV amp to power the tannoys but the chap at an AV shop said the yamaha is a better performing amp especially with music. He has therefore recommended the 373 yamaha model. However this model does not have network capability or airplay. I have therefore been considering the Yamaha 473 model which is £340 (£90 more than the denon 1912).

My question is, which amp is better out of the three and is is worth paying the extra £90 to get the 473 over the Denon 1912 amp? which would go nicely with the tannoys? also is the 373 not just a basic entry level amp or is it half decent? Is it true that yamaha are better amps than denon especially when listening to stero music? My AV budget is fairly modest and £300 would be tops but an extra £40 aint so bad if its worth it.

Thanks in advance for any help people can provide on this. Its a very helpful forum here and great to see people so enthusiastic about Home Video and Audio :D

A

Anonymous

I agree. I have a Denon and to me when I was trialling at Superfi it had the beating of the Yamaha. Admittedly, there wasn't much I could tell in the difference in the sound, but the user interface was far, far better and the added functionality is spot on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts