Considering Freevew HD Help needed please

Fuzzy Bear

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
With the massive summer of sport coming up I've decided that I'd like to watch all the historic moments in HD and (And when England go out in the groups at least I can see fans tears in crystal clear definition)

So two questions

I live out in the sticks and currently get basic sky via satellite, do I just plug my existing aerial to my new box?

I've seen some cheap boxes £40 mark, I rarely watch tv anyway ( including Sky which may go in future) , so don't want to spend to much on what will be rarely used come September, BUT will I regret buying a cheap freeview hd box? Picture/reeption etc.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
If you have a satellite dish why not use that & get freesat, you still get all the HD channels plus more FTA channels that are on freeview.

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Second that from Simon. If you want a cheap Freesat HD box, then these Humax 'A' grade ones are fantastic value direct from Humax.

https://humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10070

£79.00 + £6.50 next day delivery and with a 1 year warranty. We have 3 of them in our kids bedrooms at home and they are brilliant (the humax boxes that is, not the three teenagers!).

Rob

robjcooper

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Second that from Simon. If you want a cheap Freesat HD box, then these Humax 'A' grade ones are fantastic value direct from Humax.

https://humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10070

£79.00 + £6.50 next day delivery and with a 1 year warranty. We have 3 of them in our kids bedrooms at home and they are brilliant (the humax boxes that is, not the three teenagers!).

Rob

Andrew17321

Nov 12, 2008
Visit site
The BBC is going to have 24 HD channels on Freesat during the Olympics. This will not be possible on Freeview. So if you are interested in seeing the Olympics in HD, Freesat is by far the best option.

See http://www.freesat.co.uk/files/7713/3346/3548/Freesat_Olympics_announcement_FINAL.pdf

for more details.

Andrew

Fuzzy Bear

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
So if I just Buy the freesat HD box, Unplug my sky box from the aerial feed then plug it into my FS HD box It will be ok, and If i want to have sky just plug aerial back into sky.

Sky wont be nasty because the satellite is technically rented or some fine print clause?

I will still be paying for my sky subscription for at least a few months anyway.

Thanks

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
It will work absolutely fine as it uses the same satellite.

The only possible "technicality" is that if your dish is under 12-months old, if you're using a non-Sky box with it they may use that as "get-out" to invalidate the warranty for it. The dish is yours regardless, and although you're paying a Sky subscription it's entirely up to you if choose to use it or not.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts