Need help setting up SONY KDL-42W653A

Cathy useless tech

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
:oops: Help!! Received this tv as a prize, been trying to set it up all night, now I've given up!!! Got to satellite tuning and says nothing found. It's disabled or somat. Dunno if got wrong cables connected or need another aerial. I hv a sky box, cinema centre and video recorder that wer all connected in one way or another. I jst connected exactly wot had connected to old tv. 1) Hdmi cable and a sky cable connected thro split connector into hdmi socket, this has a little button on it that u press to get cinema centre to come on. 2) aerial cable into aerial socket.

Please can someone advise

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
If you have a sky box then their is nothing to tune into just connect via hdmi, you can however tune into freeview with a aeriel connected but not satellite.

Hope this helps.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

That's a great prize, so don't give up on it yet.

Your set up is a little more complicated than it needs to be.

I'm presuming that all your tv watching is through Sky, if so, have you got a Sky + box or Sky+ HD box?

If you only have a normal Sky box without a record faciliity, do you use the video recorder to record from Sky?

If you do use the video recorder to record from Sky, you really shouldn't be bothering. Ring Sky, and get them to send you a free hd+ box, they will do this if you've been with them for any amount of time, and it will save you so much hassle.

------------------

Does the cinema centre have a hdmi out (ie. does it connect to your tv with a hdmi lead)?

If it does, then just connect it into one of the hdmi inputs on the back of the tv.

If it has a scart connection to the tv, then connect to the scart point on the back of the tv

---------------------

Hopefully this is of some help, but for me to help more, it would be useful to know the model number and make of your cinema centre.

I'll be awake for a few more hours tonight, so feel free to ask any more questions.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Forgot to say. Because you have your Sky box connected to your satellite dish, your tv will not pick up any satellite stations.

You could take the connector from the back of the sky box and connect it to the tv, but there is little point when you have a sky box, so just ignore that, it's not a problem.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I've just checked the specs on the tv, and it doesn't have a built in satellite tuner, just a freeview tuner, so I'm a little confused as to why you are getting a message about no channels found.

Please give us as much detail as possible about how you have connected your boxes to the tv, and the model of the cinema centre?

Clear photographs of the back of the cinema centre and sky box would be helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts