need some help setting up my subwoofer

coril

Nov 30, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

I am a complete newbie in this terrain and need some help setting up my subwoofer. I have bought a mivoc hype 10 g2 subwoofer, and want to connect it to my Laptop with an amp.

I have this Lepy Amp here https://www.amazon.se/gp/product/B00UOCBRL0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I already have a cable to connect my Laptop to the MP3 input slot on the amp, how do I connect the amp to the subwoofer?

I have bought some speaker cable. The speaker cable has two strands with different colours. I guess they somewhere need to go into the "R+, R-,L+, or L- slots.

And then into the subwoofer, which has 8 of these red/black slots, 4 of them "in", and 4 of them "out". Can anyone advise how to connect the cables?

Pictures of both the amp and the subwoofer attached.

Thanks,

Cori

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_114041.jpg
    IMG_20211130_114041.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20211130_113955.jpg
    IMG_20211130_113955.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 15

Dom

Welcome to the forums coril.

What speakers do you have may I ask?

The amplifier's terminals are meant for speakers only.
To connect the sub you would need a pre-out/sub and connect that to the line input of the subwoofer.
I doubt connecting the sub and speakers together to the amplifiers terminals would be a good idea, although you could try!

Connect your speaker cable's from the amplifiers terminals to the speakers and the high level in on the subwoofer terminals making sure your matching the colours and switch the power to auto or on on the sub. Enjoy.

Gray

I've bought a few of those Lepy amps (y)

The Lepy is a class D amp, there might just be a problem, depending how the sub is internally wired.
Start with low volume, listening carefully for any problem as you gradually increase the Lepy volume.

Last edited:

coril

Nov 30, 2021
Visit site
Dom, I see I got the wrong amp...I guess I need to buy another one, would this one work?

It seems to have a sub-out thingie.

And if this one would work, what type of cable would I need in order to connect it to the sub?

In terms of speakers...I haven't bought any yet. I wanted to test the sub alone first to see if it fits my purposes. I have some very low frequency sounds (cat purring...doesn't cross over 100hz) that I am using to test.

So do I understand it right, speakers are not wired to the amp, but to the sub? Or do you wire them to both? A lot of speakers you can buy online don't seem to have the ports to connect them to a subwoofer. What are these ports called, so that I can search for compatible speakers?

Sorry for all those questions, I am probably the most clueless person in the entire forum 😂. Any help is really greatly appreciated.

Corinna

coril

Nov 30, 2021
Visit site
Gray, thanks for your response. Dom mentioned above that the amp that I am using is not suitable for a subwoofer. The one I have right now is the LEPY LP-V3S, maybe you are referring to a different LEPY model?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts