connection issue

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi finally i have recieved my yamaha dsp ax-763 amp and was wondering of the best way to connect sky+.At the moment it is connected straight to the tv via scart.My question is would it be better to connect to the amp with a scart to component lead from the sky box then from the amp to hdmi to tv.The reason i ask is the amp supports hdmi video conversion so would this make a difference to picture quality i would then connect with optical for audio.thanks in advance..

A

Anonymous

Please answer triggs question. However did you go for that amp with the kef 2005.3. Only ask because i collected mine today cant wait to get it connected this weekend.

mattjax05

Oct 5, 2007
Visit site
Hi - as you say the AV does support video conversion so it will take your component connection and output it through the hdmi out. However, the AV dosen't support video scaling so the picture being fed into the AV will be of the same quality of that being fed out. I would leave the scart connected to the tv and the optical connected to the AV.

A

Anonymous

thanks for that.Soulstyle yes i did get the deal from sevenoaks.Had to wait a while though trouble getting amp i have now fixed the kefs on the wall but not connected yet will do saturday.Actually im still waiting for the amp sevenoaks kindly lent me their demo until mine turns up.Good luck with yours.hope it all goes well have to let me know how you get on..

A

Anonymous

Got mine from RS, but am awaiting speaker stands which my wife is buying as a christmas present
emotion-6.gif

They standing on the floor at the moment but havent had a chance to set the system up. Plan to do it sunday. Also have a BD player on order. Should be bang on!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts