Connection inquiry

FROGIT

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi all, This week I have purchased a new SONY Home Theatre System ie :- HT-AS5, in the rear of the Sub-Woofer are all the connection socketry, to connect S-Air, Audio Input section,Antenna section, Digital Input/Output section, Speaker section, Dmport, Auto calibration, It has three HDMI inputs & one TV output.

I am looking for answers how to set up the system with my AV/Receiver ie :- Multi Channel AV Receiver STR-DN1010, any ideas ? , I was thinking of linking my 3D receiver/player, my Free-sat with Blu-Ray player and my DVD player directly to my new unit, hopefully I would receive all the surround sounds from one place, Leaving the AV Receiver with connections for my SKY HD box, my CD Player & my European Satellite set-top box. Now the tricky part comes, Is it possible for me to continue to use the Speaker terminals on the original AV/Receiver ?. I was thinking, could I link the new machine with HDMI cable directly to one of the HDMI input plug on the AV-Receiver ? and would I receive the sound ?, or is it better for me to link the New Machine directly to the Television ?. If any answers, could you make it simple, as I am only a novice in this Home Cinema enviroment.

Awaiting your Responses, thanking you all,

Regards :- FROGIT

Ps :- Most of the equipment I have are SONY products.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
What av receiver do you have? EDIT: oh yes sorry im going blind skipping bits, a Sony with HDMI input & HD audio so, why did you buy this speaker system?

Yes i would think you could connect it up via the HDMI out to your exsisting amp so as to get all your connectivity with the other bits of kit you have.

FROGIT

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi f1only, thanks for your response. Regarding your question about the speaker system, answer :- Decided to modernise my present speaker system, replacing a 40 years old front speakers (National Panasonic music centre ) also replacing a 9 years old rear speakers, & replacing 12 years old Sub-Woofer & Centre speakers. I am a Sony product fan, and the design of the new speakers I fancy for my flat, with ample power.

Regards :- FROGIT

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts