Connecting to powered monitors????

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all

I need some help. I have a pair of KRK powered studio monitors which are now going to used in my lounge as a hi-fi. So ive a cd deck and turntable to put through them. I may well want to add other seperate to the system in the future. Anyhow I cant figure out how to connect multiple devices to the montiors, like an amp but without the amp bit, any ideas? I dont really want to use a DJ/studio mixed, I want something that looks like an amp which I could use in a hi fi set up......

thanks

matt

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi Matt

You will need a pre amp or similar to enable you to connect multiple analogue sources, or alternatively, a Dac/pre to hook up multiple digital sources. These options also serve as the volume control for your monitors.
Some of the Dac/pre options will also have an analogue input, but you would need an external phono stage for your turntable.

I use a Matrix Quattro Dac/pre straight into my active monitors. It sounds great, and is nice and compact.

Cheers

Matt

Willferox

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Is there a good DAC on the market with a phono stage built in? I'd love to connect vinyl to my Dynaudio BM5A MK2, and can't currently do this with my rDAC.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Willferox said:
Is there a good DAC on the market with a phono stage built in? I'd love to connect vinyl to my Dynaudio BM5A MK2, and can't currently do this with my rDAC.

If you're using a computer for your audio, then an audio interface would do the trick. Have a look around for a used UA-25EX or maybe a Focusrite Sapphire Pro. There are others, such as M-Audio, but I've not used them.

Fred24

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Try the Cambride audio Dac Magic plus :

http://www.whathifi.com/review/cambridge-audio-dacmagic-plus/specs

There is atleast 3 input where you can plug conventional inputs sources such Cd player etc..plus its seems easy for you to select input sources during listening. similar like a pre amp will

Hope this help :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts