Connect Advice...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Looking for some advice on how to connect my new components up and what cables/leads i will need to be buying ...in case your wondering i am currently not using any of these components, they have all been purchased for new house, due to move in two weeks.

Panasonic TH42PZ85B

Yamaha DSP-AX761 (3xHDMI version 1.2a)

Denon 1940

Sky HD Box

I'm thinking HDMI from Sky box to Amp, HDMI from DVD player to Amp, then HDMI from Amp to TV?

With reference to audio, although i believe the Amp is capable of carrying audio via HDMI i do not think the Sky box or DVD player is ???

Many thanks

Craig

A

Anonymous

Craig you seem to have the right idea. Both the Sky box and the DVD player should each be plugged into your amp with HDMI cables. Then a single HDMI cable should connect the amp to your tv. This will sort out your pictures. As for sound, while HDMI is perfectly capable of carrying standard-def audio - ie Dolby Digital or DTS - I'm pretty sure that your DVD player and the Sky box do not output audio via HDMI, although I might be wrong! If i am right, you will need to have a couple of optical or coaxial cables, one to connect the Sky box to the amp amd another to connect the DVD player to amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts