admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I took the jump
  • Cyrus 8vs2
  • Dynaudio X16 (with their sexy stands)
  • Van den hull cs122 speaker cable
  • Van den hull 'the name' interconnect
Now it's saving up for the cyrus cd-player (is the 8 really much better than the 6?) until then it'll be served by my squeezebox duet (not really of the same class, I know)

So what should be next?

manicm

Andrew Everard:Next should be to brace yourself for an endless thread about how the Squeezebox is as good as any Cyrus player...

Stirring today are we??
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Consider that I am at this moment not using an external DAC between it and the amp though.

Andrew, taking your comment and running with it though: Would you say the Squeezebox can be as good (or near) as the cd-player? It is a tremendously convenient device.

And an external DAC like the Cambridge one would be an easier upgrade for my wallet...

Hit me with those fiery opinions!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
murphsy:Andrew, taking your comment and running with it though: Would you say the Squeezebox can be as good (or near) as the cd-player? It is a tremendously convenient device.

Insufficient specific experience to offer opinions. But I'm sure there are others on here who'll be more forthcoming...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
By all accounts (and notwithstanding the teething toubles of the SE CD players so well documented in the last months) the latest Cyrus players would take an awful lot of DAC to match their performance.

I would not bother unless you are prepared to audition the likes of the Benchmark DAC1 range or similar. (It goes without saying that you would need to compare lossless files and not downloaded MP3s).

I don't think this is the job for a CA DacMagic or Beresford nor a Squeezebox. (Transporter, yes.)

manicm

Andrew Everard:

murphsy:Andrew, taking your comment and running with it though: Would you say the Squeezebox can be as good (or near) as the cd-player? It is a tremendously convenient device.

Insufficient specific experience to offer opinions. But I'm sure there are others on here who'll be more forthcoming...

I too am speaking from limited experience and knowledge here, but since you don't have an external DAC I would guess any Cyrus SE player would have the Squeezebox soundly beat. Using a decent external DAC, well like Andrew said I will leave that to some high digital priests.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts