CON AIR on bluray ! What a surprise.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Just thought id share my views on one of my all time fav action movies on bluray.

Ive always been a fan of this movie & on DVD it was a very impressive disc, with both wonderful PQ & SQ so couldnt wait for it to come on to bluray.

Ill tell you something what an impressive transfer, the pic quality is absolutely first rate, thers a sharpness to it that i havnt experienced on bluray yet until this came out, i think only maybe i robot only comes close to it, every detail stands out with amazing clarity & the PCM soundtrack is wonderful & for a movie made in 1997 it gives even most new releases a run for its money.

Id certainly use it as a bluray demo its that good !

If anybody else loves this movie id highly recommend it! Has anybody else seen anything on a back catalogue bluray & been amazed at the transfer?

A

Anonymous

It's a quality film that Con Air. I want to get it on blu-ray after what you just said. cheers

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Paulthefilmfan:It's a quality film that Con Air. I want to get it on blu-ray after what you just said. cheersYoo wont regret it mate ! I got it for a tenner from gamestation.

Bargain !

nws56

Oct 4, 2008
Visit site
Amazing back catalogue ; Two to consider -

Black Rain (1989) Maybe Ridley Scott's worst film but sumptuous to look at . Huge contrast range looks completely natural, making it very easy to look 'into' rather than 'at' .Neon by night has never looked better.

Immortal Beloved (1994) Another natural looking affair (joke) . Magnificent detail in the black clothes throughout; subtle yet saturated colours. You don't even have to be a fan of his music to be moved by this poignant story

coolaboola

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
con air is a great transfer to be sure and a decent flick.Can't help think that it would be 10 times better with some one better than Nicolas Cage.(If only he wasn't Francis Ford Coppola's nephew)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
coolaboola:con air is a great transfer to be sure and a decent flick.Can't help think that it would be 10 times better with some one better than Nicolas Cage.(If only he wasn't Francis Ford Coppola's nephew)
Nicolas Cage is great !

He plays this part perfectly, itd be like wanting someone else to play Rambo !

coolaboola

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
Couldn't agree more.I'd put Sylvester Stallones acting ability in the same boat as Nicolas Cage's and compare and contrast all night with the same outcome.They're both pants.I will give Sly some credit though.He came to fame after he wrote Rocky to his merit.However if you read the David Morell book 'Rambo First Blood' you may have a different opinion as to weather Sly was best suited to the role.It is genuinely a great book from a well respected author.

A

Anonymous

Right on! Fab book. Read it as a teenager. It was one of those books that got passed around the lads. Even those who didn't like to read books read it. If only the film kept the ending.......

Will look for Con Air in Zavvi today on my way to hospital. Never got around to getting it on DVD. Might get a good price if they are still doing 20% off.

TRENDING THREADS