A bugs life on bluray (the new reference)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Has anybody seen this on bluray? I have and if your like me you would know it's reference material on ALL aspects of it. Up until this CARS was my reference PQ but this is something else. The colours are the most , well colourful i've ever seen on an animation and it's almost 3D looking, detail, clarity it's all to die for and the AQ is sensational with great bass, wonderful seperation and very active surrounds. Highly recommended

Pikman

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
My wife bought me the Toy Story -> Cars dvd box set and I can't face the guilt of replacing them with blu-rays, REALLY want to though :)

I watched them all recently and they are all amazing in their own unique way, ahhhh Pixar...
emotion-10.gif

John Duncan

Haven't seen ABL (it was poor by Pixar standards if you ask me), but the new reference, when it comes out, will be Tangled - simply beautiful to look at; Disney taking the Pixar technical blueprint and beating them at their own game...

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Pikman:
My wife bought me the Toy Story -> Cars dvd box set and I can't face the guilt of replacing them with blu-rays, REALLY want to though :)

I watched them all recently and they are all amazing in their own unique way, ahhhh Pixar...
emotion-10.gif

Yes i totally agree Pikman but bugs life is extra special.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Haven't seen ABL (it was poor by Pixar standards if you ask me), but the new reference, when it comes out, will be Tangled - simply beautiful to look at; Disney taking the Pixar technical blueprint and beating them at their own game...I agree, i'm not a huge fan of bugs life tbh but there's no faulting the quality of it though.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
jase fox:JohnDuncan:Haven't seen ABL (it was poor by Pixar standards if you ask me), but the new reference, when it comes out, will be Tangled - simply beautiful to look at; Disney taking the Pixar technical blueprint and beating them at their own game...I agree, i'm not a huge fan of bugs life tbh but there's no faulting the quality of it though.

I think thats true with all the Pixar stuff, SQ and PQ always seem to be spot on.

You just know your going to get something good in those departments whenever you buy/watch one of theirs, they really seem to be at the top of their game.

Tom Moreno

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:technical blueprint and beating them at their own game...

Um... Ever since the Disney/Pixar merger John Lasseter (one of the primary geniuses behind the early Pixar films) is now the head of Disney Animation (the umbrella that covers both company's animation departments). The man is a true visionary in every way the adjective could be used and applies a golden touch to every project he is involved in.

A

Anonymous

Most CGI cartoons look fantastic, whether on Blu-ray or standard DVD. A reference title should really be a standard live action film that shows the full benefits of BD, although I'm yet to be fully convinced of much superiority of BD over DVD, especially as they initially cost nearly double. I have a few BD's, where the picture is better than the DVD version, e.g "The Thing" and "North by Northwest", but then the companies that released them have not brought out an up to date DVD version that can be compared with them. Apart from sprucing up the PQ and SQ, the only difference I see with BD's is that you can go right up to the screen, and the PQ is still crystal-clear, unlike a DVD, where the picture is blurred/pixellated, but at normal viewing distance, the PQ is no different. Also, many BD's are actually worse or no better than their DVD counterparts.

For PQ and SQ reviews of all past and present BD's, check out blueray.highdefdigest.com or uk.bluray.com

TRENDING THREADS