Complete Newbie - Buzzing speaker problem

navidson

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello all - Please be gentle with me as I'm a complete amateur when it comes to Hi-Fi and stereo systems!

I inherited a separates system from a friend recently and have attempted to set it up. It is a Nakamici MB-8 cd player connected to a Sherwood AX-4050R amp and then connected to 2 Eltax Symphony 6 speakers.

The speakers have 4 connectors (2 sets of black and 2 sets of red) which i I have connected up to the amp using some 4-way speaker cable (This has red, black, yellow and white cables within). Although the speakers are working, and sound pretty good, there is a constant low buzzing sound - This buzzing does not get louder when the volume increases, it is just always there in the background.

Does anybody know if this is a common fault? Is it the speakers or the amp? Have I done something completely ridiculous which is affecting the sound quality?!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

TrevC

navidson said:
Hello all - Please be gentle with me as I'm a complete amateur when it comes to Hi-Fi and stereo systems!

I inherited a separates system from a friend recently and have attempted to set it up. It is a Nakamici MB-8 cd player connected to a Sherwood AX-4050R amp and then connected to 2 Eltax Symphony 6 speakers.

The speakers have 4 connectors (2 sets of black and 2 sets of red) which i I have connected up to the amp using some 4-way speaker cable (This has red, black, yellow and white cables within). Although the speakers are working, and sound pretty good, there is a constant low buzzing sound - This buzzing does not get louder when the volume increases, it is just always there in the background.

Does anybody know if this is a common fault? Is it the speakers or the amp? Have I done something completely ridiculous which is affecting the sound quality?!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

It's the amp. Disconnect all inputs and try it, if it buzzes it will need repair. Light dimmers can cause problems with poorly designed amplifiers too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts