Classic FM

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

MENISCUS:A lot of "classical music" buffs can be quite sniffy about Classic FM, and yes ok they do play a lot of crossover music but if they introduce more people to classical music whats the harm.

The one time in my life I have ever written to a newspaper was in reply to a very sniffy assessment of Classic FM by Simon Heffer. It was published and wish I hadn't bothered, the abuse I got afterwards - "You read the Telegraph?!?!?"

JohnDuncan:MENISCUS:

A lot of "classical music" buffs can be quite sniffy about Classic FM, and yes ok they do play a lot of crossover music but if they introduce more people to classical music whats the harm. The one time in my life I have ever written to a newspaper was in reply to a very sniffy assessment of Classic FM by Simon Heffer. It was published and wish I hadn't bothered, the abuse I got afterwards - "You read the Telegraph?!?!?"

That's democracy for you.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts