Clare - Chord HDMI Cable and Subscription

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Clare. I subscribed to the mag in Feb, taking advantage of the free Chord HDMI cable offer. Fanatasic value! However, I was disappointed when my first issue of the mag (March) did not arrive with the cable. When should I expect it? I have been sent a £40 wine voucher for some reason. I hope that Haymarket are not providing this as a substitute!!! If they are, they haven't told me so and I'm not a big wine drinker.

A

Anonymous

And me!! I subscribed on 10th Jan I've had the March Issue, but still no sign of the cable.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'll get our subs guy, Mark, along tomorrow to offer more insight, but looking at that Feb-issue subs advert, it does say to allow 35 days for delivery of your cable....

A

Anonymous

I subscribed on the 30th october & have been fobbed of with silly excuses as to why the lead has not arrived.Then last week a set of sennheiser headphones arrived in the post.I dare say they are very good but are of absolutely no use to me. So I phoned the subscription people & spoke to an unhelpfull rude lady, who told me the headphones where a substitute gift which they reserved the right to offer. When I pointed out that they should also of given me the choice of a refund or 9 free issues she became stroppy.

Needless to say I will be canceling my subscription.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="PJPro"]Hi Clare.

I subscribed to the mag in Feb, taking advantage of the free Chord HDMI cable offer. Fanatasic value! However, I was disappointed when my first issue of the mag (March) did not arrive with the cable. When should I expect it? I have been sent a £40 wine voucher for some reason. I hope that Haymarket are not providing this as a substitute!!! If they are, they haven't told me so and I'm not a big wine drinker.[/quote]

I'll have it if you don't want it.:O)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="professorhat"]Grado iGrado headphones[/quote]

Nothing to get excited about!

A

Anonymous

But would cost £35... wonder if they're better portables than my PX100s...

A

Anonymous

Any news on this Clare? I'm also waiting for my Chord cable.

A

Anonymous

Dear PJPro

As stated in the advert we ask you to allow 35 days for delivery of your gift and first issue. There is stock of the HDMI cable availaible so you will receive your cable shortly.

If you have any future queries then please contact our Customer Services Team who will be able to to access your account details. They can be reached in the following ways: by e-mailing whathifi.subs@quadrantsubs.com or by calling 08456 777 813

I hope you continue to enjoy receving every issue of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision delivered directly to your door

With Best Wishes

Mark

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
The cable arrived on saturday, while I was at Bristol asking Clare when she thought it would arrive. Turned out to be 1.5m rather than the 1m I was expecting, but grateful to get it away. Thanks.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
50 percent extra free
emotion-5.gif
!

Glad you got it sorted, and good to meet you at the Show.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

I hope you can help with this free Chord HDMI saga...I too am waiting for one to be delivered after starting a subscription about 2 months ago. After the first call (4 weeks ago) was told I was not put on the list, another four weeks later ( Wednesday 12th March) called the susbscription number in the magazine and was told I would get a call back that day from "Dan" as he was looking into it - again no call back. Today I called and spoke to a "Joanne/Joanna" who told me I would get a call from Dan in 10 minutes. An hour later no call so I called back and got the most unhelpful asistant I have ever spoken too (he said his name was "Tim"). He basically lied to me and told me what I wanted to hear to get rid of me (that there was a back order and my name was on the list and it would be delivered in a week). Believing I was not being told the truth I called back a few minutes later and spoke to someone who told me I was not on the (archive) list and that there was no way to get the cable now.

I would appreciate some help on this matter. This is no way to treat customers. If you are advertising something you should keep to your word. I have been offered a few months free however I would be grateful for the cable I was told I would receive!!!

Any help would be great.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I am SO sorry, Anthony - it's always useful to get feedback on the external suppliers we use, but never pleasing to know they're letting the mag (and even more importantly its readers!) down in this way.
emotion-12.gif

I'll get our in-house subs guy onto the case first-thing tomorrow. Any further problems, email me direct via my address in the mag or via the contact us button on this site.

Apologies again.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Any news on the cable?

I got a call from a team leader / supervisor (I think her name was Julie / Julia) a fortnight ago and was told it was being sent out in a few day - that was two weeks ago and still no cable???

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Anthony - i'm not in the office today (i'm supposed to be having a day off.
emotion-2.gif
), but if you email us via the address in the Contact Us panel (here) and ask Andrew Everard to pass it onto Mark Campbell, he'll get back to you.

A

Anonymous

Think you have just bee a bit unfortunate as I got mine in really quick order

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

I have been reading the posts on the free HDMI cable with subscriptions.

The thing is, I have been waiting for one since December when I subscribed. I rang your help line back in Jan to be told they are out of stock. I spoke to a lady who told me I would get it soon and apologised for the wait.

I rang again last week to be told that if my name was not on the list I would NOT be getting one. The man I spoke to checked the list and "what a suprise" I was Not on. I spoke to a manager and she told me that they would ring me back that day or the day after, but could not promise the cable. I stated that the cable had already been promised. But was still fobbed off with the same reply. I have still recieved no phone call. I just wanted to know how I was not on the list, having waited for so long.... I have been a reader of the magazine for 4 years now (non-sub) and I am dissapointed at the treatment that I have been given :-(

I hope you can shed some light on this matter as I don't know where else to turn....

Kind regards! Jim...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Sorry, Jim - as you may have read elsewhere, we've been getting very poor service from the external company that service our subscriptions. It frustrates the hell out of me, as our team are working so hard to deliver the best product (in-mag and online). I will, again, bring it up with our internal subs liaison to see if we can sort a solution for you ASAP,

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Tetrion"]I have been reading the posts on the free HDMI cable with subscriptions.

The thing is, I have been waiting for one since ...[/quote]

Jim

Email received and forwarded on to relevant parties

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys! Look forward to hearing something (good) soon....

A

Anonymous

Claire, glad to hear that you have had a lot more luck than me. Over 2
months later I am still being fobbed off by Haymarket/What HiFi despite having
subscribed 2 days after the magazine was published. Having chased, I
have email confirmation that my lead was "ordered" on 6 Feb but since
then I just seem to be told different stories every time I call. Normally
they oscillate between, "if you ordered it will come but we have had
supply problems - there is another bath in a week, so it will be one of
those" to "Sorry, these are no longer available but I can offer you a
refund or 6 free magazines/replacement free gift".

I just can't tell you how cross and disappointed I am with Haymarket/What
HiFi. I was actually going to buy one of same HDMI leads, having just
upgraded my amp, before I saw the offer. The timing could not have been
better - or so I thought. It just seems this is such a clear case of
knowingly over promising an offer that they cannot meet. As such, I don't
want a pair of headphone either, I just want the lead that was offered.

I would cancel my subscription and go and buy one, but it's also now the principle of
the matter. What should I do from here?

Jo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts