speaker cable/wire help

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
hello everyone

im a newbie to the forums even if ive followed this site over the years which has greatly helped me with my purchases thank you so much for such valuable information tests reviews please just keep doing what you do best

heres my little problem i have a marantz cr 603 which in the description when i brought it i was told banana plugs would be fine to connect to my speakers a little pair of the old b&w 685s so i decided to buy a few metres of chord carnival silverscreen speaker cable with banana plugs at both ends but they just dont fit into the marantz cr 603 so i had to cut them off i was really disappointed because there was a lot of care taken in constructing them so basically now im just left with the wire directly into my reciever not something i wanted to do im an electrician and theres lots of different bits n bobs that exist for wire in electricy but where could i find something decent with a top notch conductivity maybe even gold plated if that exists that i could pinch or solder onto the wire im living in france so unfortunately maplins is not around the corner any suggestions would be great especially if i can order online or even other solutions would be appreciated ive searched and searched the web but cant seem to find the solution i want has anyone had this problem with the information concerning the marantz/banana plugs hope i havent missed anything

thank you

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
thanks and yes it does absolutey fine as it is, maybe its the fact of me being an electrician just like everything clean and tidy i suppose its more of a personal thing i have no complaints with what i hear it just would be nice to tidy things up and i must say it did break my heart to cut the gold plated banana plugs off thank you very much for your input

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
thank you big fish youre an absolute genius youve just made my evening i would never have took these little black caps off i thought it was part of the of the binding screw silly me shame i cut the banana plugs off but i did keep them ! so a little DIY and my little setup will be mint ive been over and over the manuel that came with cr 603 but not once did i come across this or maybe lack of attentionon my behalf to plastic detail on the other hand ive always asked myself about the colors inside of the binding screws and just thought well its normal silly me but thanks to you my problem well it dosent exist anymore thank you so much life is fantastic made out of plastic i do like my vinyls ;-)

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately the 4mm banana plugs used for speaker connections will fit into european mains outlets, so european health and safety folk wanted tham banned to stop people electrocuting themselves either accidentally or on purpose.

Personally, as a firm believer in the concept of evolution in action, I don't have a problem with that. Not exactly PC though.

hybridauth_Facebook_1109171081 said:
thank you big fish youre an absolute genius youve just made my evening i would never have took these little black caps off i thought it was part of the of the binding screw silly me shame i cut the banana plugs off but i did keep them ! so a little DIY and my little setup will be mint ive been over and over the manuel that came with cr 603 but not once did i come across this or maybe lack of attentionon my behalf to plastic detail on the other hand ive always asked myself about the colors inside of the binding screws and just thought well its normal silly me but thanks to you my problem well it dosent exist anymore thank you so much life is fantastic made out of plastic i do like my vinyls ;-)

you are quite welcome. Happy to help.

Enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts