Chordette Heaven today :)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I spend a fair amount of time today in the Chord Company room and I want to tell everyone just how incredible their new Chordette range is.

They have a new unit, not official announced that is basically a Peach with a built in amp. Just attach speakers and stream your music. The sound quality was superb.

the Peach DAC is on my list now, exactly what you expect from Chord. Oh, and I was told that the same quality components go into their cheaper products as it does in the more expensive. So you still get the expected quality from Chord.

Toucan Headphone amp definitely demands a listen if your in the market for it. What an amp.

Can you tell I had a great day at the National Audio Show 2010? haha

A

Anonymous

What do you want to hear about, I spend from 10:30 till 4:00 and got into all the rooms.

After a lot of people saying how great Cyrus gear was I demoed there top gear and IMO it was not great. No stereo imaging and this was set-up with their preferred speakers and cables. Was the first place I visited. But I like my HiFi to have a good soundstage and stereo imaging. Just hope nobody flames me for disliking the Cyrus.

What got me today was that some record players were so incredibly clear I had to double take it was not a CD. Not a single pop or crackle. to be fair the units were £15k but still.

Peter Crosby:
I spend a fair amount of time today in the Chord Company room and I want to tell everyone just how incredible their new Chordette range is.

They have a new unit, not official announced that is basically a Peach with a built in amp. Just attach speakers and stream your music. The sound quality was superb.

the Peach DAC is on my list now, exactly what you expect from Chord. Oh, and I was told that the same quality components go into their cheaper products as it does in the more expensive. So you still get the expected quality from Chord.

Toucan Headphone amp definitely demands a listen if your in the market for it. What an amp.

Can you tell I had a great day at the National Audio Show 2010? haha

Hi Peter Crosby

Thanks for your views and i am glad you had a good time at the show. Just a small correction though as i believe you meant Chord Electronics and not Company.

I agree the new Chordette range is superb. The Peach DAC is excellent as it gives a fair chunk of the performance of the stunning QBD76 DAC at a quarter of the price.

The Toucan headphone ampifier is another excellent product. Btw, in case you are not aware the Toucan is powerful enough to drive 801 speakers! (for anyone reading this please do not try this with any speakers). No wonder the Toucan happily drives headphones with vice like grip.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:Peter Crosby:

Hi Peter Crosby

Thanks for your views and i am glad you had a good time at the show. Just a small correction though as i believe you meant Chord Electronics and not Company.

Sorry, it's been a long and exciting day and I am tired. Thanks for correcting me. I was not aware about the Toucan's ability to drive 802 speakers! That is good news. I do love when companies products live up to their hype/reputation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts