Chord Silver Cable

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Just ordered some Chord Carnival Silver Screen speaker cable. I've only ordered 1 length @ 1.5m to try on my centre speaker.

I've also ordered it to be terminated both ends, banana for amp & spades for the speaker end (wall mounted) & did not want to bend the wire round too much by having banana ends for the speaker

Hope there is a positive difference to my old Gale wire with Gale bananas & bare wire into the speaker
emotion-10.gif

If it is good, i will order a pair for my BR2 fronts, not have them bi-wired & then use some cut offs for home made jumpers to save on the bi-wire running along the floor/under carpet nighmare im currently having!

A

Anonymous

Hi mate,

I have used Chord Carnival Silver Screen for my surround sound system in my AV room (also kids play room!!) and it is great.

My kit is a Yamaha RX -V765 and Kef 2005.3 speakers, linked to a Pioneer PDP LX5090 (awesome screen) and a BDP-51FD.

tj27

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi there

With the carnival cable, i could actually here a 'fuller' more pure sound - strange i know but the speaker does have more 'life' to it now.

Couple of days later I have installed a Tacima 6-way mains conditioner (the amazon deal @ £23) which has helped the hole soundstage aswell with my amp, the speakers all around have improved now aswell, more fluent & 'open' sounding, im very impressed with such a cheap upgrade.

At the same time I shortened the Tacima 2m to 1m lead & installed a MK toughplug silver plated with a silver plated 13a fuse, bought 1m of Supra LoRad 1.5mm 3 core mains & changed my ps3 cable - again MK silver coated plug & silver coated C7 plug (fig 8 ) & got some high content silver weld for the fig 8 plug joints. All working perfect & with great success.

I will be ordering 2m of the supra lorad 1.5mm cable to change the panny plasma lead. I already have a silver coated IEC plug & another MK toughplug silver coated & some 5 amp silver coated fuses ready.

Highly recommend the Supra LoRad cable has a very high shielding. & as for the Carnival wire, again a huge thumbs up & a worthy upgrade.

let me know how much you want for the 2no. 2.7 metre carnival leads i could be intrested for my MA BR2's

A

Anonymous

that is what I found too, much richer fuller sound.

Also bought a Tacima 6 way from Amazon, but bought it mainly for the surge protection as when I had the room done I had a direct AV feed from the main board to cut down on interference and also had switch-less sockets installed, so my electric is pretty clean! Sounds like you have done a pretty good job of cleaning your feed up locally though!

A

Anonymous

Hi mate

They are terminated with banana plugs.

Have sent you an email.

A

Anonymous

nope obviously didn't know....

Just trying to help someone out.

A

Anonymous

thanks for letting me know, I'll set aside some time to read through those when I don't have a life anymore
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts