Chord Electronics SPM1050

dsuciato

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Tried to search for an information regarding the power consumption of the SPM1050 on the web (this information is not stated on Chord's web) but no luck, someone here have this information? Please share, thank you.

TrevC

It would depend almost entirely on how loud you play it, between 60 to 500w, which is probably why they don't quote it. It's unlikely to be any more expensive to run that any other similar amplifier, probably cheaper because it has a switch mode power supply which are generally more efficient.

dsuciato

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
TrevC said:
It would depend almost entirely on how loud you play it, between 60 to 500w, which is probably why they don't quote it. It's unlikely to be any more expensive to run that any other similar amplifier, probably cheaper because it has a switch mode power supply which are generally more efficient.

From the engineer of Chord, he told me that the maximum is 2000W. Thank you TrevC for the additional info on the switch mode.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
dsuciato said:
TrevC said:

From the engineer of Chord, he told me that the maximum is 2000W. Thank you TrevC for the additional info on the switch mode.

2KW seems a remarkably big number. Either the engineer got his decimals one place out, or you had better make sure the amp is extremely well ventilated.

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
andyjm said:
dsuciato said:
TrevC said:

2KW seems a remarkably big number. Either the engineer got his decimals one place out, or you had better make sure the amp is extremely well ventilated.

That's the output of many a domestic electric heater!

dsuciato

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
andyjm said:
dsuciato said:
TrevC said:

Yup, I was worried & asked the distributor here if I may take it home first to make sure it won't bring down the main fuse of my house when the amp power-on & playing (with at least 2 AC running, water pump & all other electrical equipment on i.e. lights, frig etc.). Well, it was Ok, seems that the amp not consuming that much at all, so I decided to pay for it :).

Great amp! With my 2 power-amps (Audiolab 8200P bi-amp configuration) feed by Audiolab 8200CD variable output w/ RCA volume was at -15 dB, with this new amp to get the same level I only need to put it at -18 dB. Just changed to XLR & now I only need -21 dB volume level.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts