Chord Company Superscreen for HTPC/Blu-ray?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After alot of sceptical thinking regarding the benefits of a clean power supply I decided to do some searching on the forums and after reading many positive comments from people regarding upgrading mains cables and conditioners I decided to give it a go myself.

I have ordered myself a Tacima CS929, and now im wondering if it would be of any benefit if I invested in a Chord Superscreen cable. I have read its best to use the high quality mains cables on source products such as bluray players etc, but I currently run everything entirely from my HTPC. I have a dedicated blu-ray drive in my HTPC (Samsung SH-B083), video output is via QED Classic HDMI-P and audio is simply through RCA out at the moment (will be connected to a DAC via optical or USB in the future though). So i guess the question is will I see any benefit from having a good mains cable for my HTPC? Or would I be better of connecting it to a component such as my HDTV?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I know almost nothing about HTPCs, but have a view on power cables.

I prefer Clearer Audio mains cables - their Copperline Alpha+ is excellent.

I got the biggest gains with amps, subs and Skybox. Then blu-ray, then plasma (which took a while). I got no difference with Linn DS, which has an excellant power supply (Dynamik).
My delusion, it seems, is componant specific. ;)

You can try one on different componants and send back if it brings no improvement. A call to David (C.Audio) is worthwhile as he is helpful and knowledgeable.

Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS