Chord Carnival Silver Plus OR QED Silver Anniversary XT

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The question is;
-which one is a better speaker cable? (fyi, i'm talking about biwire)
-is it worth to upgrade (huge improvement) from my QED Original MK2 biwire?

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Could you supply more info?

What separates do you have and what speakers are you running?

What music do you listen to?

IMO the QED Silver Anniversary biwire cable is very good; i have it with my currently system.

I have also auditioned the same lengths in the Chord Carnival Silver cable and it was just as good. The only difference that was more noticable was the treble. I didnt notice any difference in bass weight or midrange at all

A

Anonymous

Sorry for insufficient info.
My system consist B&W 602S3, Exposure 2010s integrated and Marantz CD6002, and my music choice is pop,jazz and slow rock

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
With your set-up, IMO stick with QED Silver Anniversary bi-wire :)

With your music tastes it will offer you good bass-weight, cmooth mid-range and it'll bring out the crispness in the treble well.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I just think the QED XT will benefit better along side the B&W speakers.

The think with XT and M/A speakers is that M/A are renowned for their treble being a little forward.

On the other hand, B&W speakers, IMO, sound better with silver cable. They bring out the best in the treble with B&W

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
hi mate it a matter of preference. i have a nad c352 amp c542 player and a pair of monitor audio br5 i tryed some xt bi-wire after reading all the reviews and found it to be rubbish its was to bright and lacking in bass weight. im now using the chord carnival bi-wire which is a great cable bass is full and controlled and it realy inproved the soundstage. im using a chord crimson interconnect so maybe thats why it seemed to gel.. so in my opinion i think you should noy buy on reviews and if you can try before you by. some times maybe it comes down to a number of factors even the room you system is in can have an effect but i found the chord to be a better match for me... hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

thanks mate,
you right sometime review give a big influence, thats why i prefer to hear from a user himself. but i still cant make a decision, i know both are great cable but which one will suit my gears...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts